Department: Restaurant Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
1. Knowledge of restaurant operations.
2. Knowledge of basic service ware.
3. Personality must be friendly, aggressively hospitable and well-mannered.
4. Dining room attendant must be in such physical condition to lift fully loaded bus trays.
5. Must be able to perform under fast paced conditions.
6. Must maintain all sanitation procedures as directed.
7. Knowledge of types of service from meal period to meal period.
8. Ability to work with guests in all areas, with a positive approach.
9. Ability to concentrate on detail and follow-up work while maintaining a high standard of guest satisfaction.
10. Ability to work as a team.
Support waitstaff in presentation of service and serve basic needs such as beverage, condiments, service ware, etc.
1. Seat guests in a timely manner being aware of their needs for comfort.
2. Understand the layout of stations in the restaurant facility so as to provide equal business to all wait staff members.
3. Maintains sanitation of dining area by removing soiled serviceware and linens and replacing with clean items.
4. Assist waitstaff in preparing condiments, serviceware, water, etc. Pre-prep service items and maintain ample supply through shift.
5. Assist the dishwasher in organizing their work load.
6. Knowledge of proper table settings to be used at each meal period.
7. As necessary assist wait staff with duties.
8. Refill table condiments as necessary.
9. Be alert to all customer requests and notify server of customer's specific needs.
10. Stock and maintain sidestands with necessary equipment.
11. May be required to bus all tables at moderate pace with attention to following areas:
a. Table top dry and non-sticky.
b. Sanitation of floor area, cushions and table tops. Wipe areas thoroughly.
c. Table accompaniments must be reset according to dining room procedure.
d. Maintain two clean side towels at all times. One side towel should be damp, not wet for cleaning tabletops and the other one should be dry for wiping chairs.
12. Proper bussing procedure:
a. Full tray must not exceed height of 10 oz. Glass.
b. All silverware will be flat on tray; not on dishes or in glasses.
c. Save all condiments and return to proper place in sidestands or aisle. Be sure they are clean.
d. Tray must be well balanced with no shaky items.
e. Always stop when someone crosses your path. Be alert to everyone in your path.
13. Practice proper hygiene techniques. Always wash hands after using restroom.
14. Always operate with an emphasis on guest hospitality.
21. Use a "clean as you go" method when performing your work duties.
22. Operative equipment with energy conservation in mind.
23. Adhere to safety policies.
24. Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (both within the department and in other resort departments)
25. Maintain a positive attitude toward the resort and the job being performed.
1. Be aware of daily activities and events at the resort.
2. Be knowledgeable of all resort operations.
3. Perform all reasonable job requests assigned by General Manager.
4. Material handling: stooping, bending, lifting an average of 30 pounds will be part of some job requirements.