To perform assigned audit functions. Responsible for effective operation of the night emergency plans. To assists our guests efficiently, courteously, and professionally in all front office related functions.
Reports to: Rooms Division Manager
Interfaces with: Guests, vendors and associates
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Register guests and assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible
- Check guests out efficiently.
- Assist in pre-registration and blocking of reservations when necessary.
- Comply with unit cash handling, credit and check cashing policies and procedures.
- Complete daily checklist tasks.
- Keep front desk area clean and presentable for guests
- Practice positive guest relations by demonstrating Western states Lodging & Management hospitality and service standards.
- Be knowledgeable of all brand specific front desk requirements and current promotions
- Be knowledgeable and capable of operating current brand property management system.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Ensure hotel loss prevention policies are executed and enforced
- Act as Manager on Duty to ensure guest complaint resolution.
- Audit guest accounts to ensure that room rates and market codes are correct and congruent.
- Audit group accounts to ensure that postings to these accounts are in accordance with the sales contract.
- Post room and tax to all active guest accounts.
- Run all computer reports necessary to complete accounting documents.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
- Some exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Smile and provide a pleasant place for our guests
- Computer skills are a plus