Hotel & Position Summary:
The Holiday Inn DFW South is looking for a PM Front Office Manager to join our team. Business is picking up quickly from the pandemic and we are looking to add someone to our management team. We are looking for a quality person that can add experience and stability to our team. You will be managing our front desk and driver team (about 6-8 employees). You will be reporting to the Assistant General Manager.
Purpose for the Position:
Manages all front office operations, including planning, staffing, training, and setting department goals and objectives. Ensures that guest service exceeds expectations and resolves any complaints or concerns in a professional and courteous manner. Maintains high quality, professional guest service standards throughout the department.
- Manages and assigns duties and shifts to workers and observes performances to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of hotel activities, especially Housekeeping and Sales.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Advises guest service team of any incoming VIPs and special requests for guests; greets important guests.
- Arranges for special services as requested by the guest, including ADA accommodations.
- As designated manager on duty, may patrol public rooms, investigate disturbances, and warn troublemakers.
- Responsible for interviewing and recommending hire of guest service team; oversees training of all guest service associates.
- Responsible for managing operating expenses and purchasing for the department as delegated by the General Manager.
- Monitors reservations and works with General Manager/DOS to capture full market available and maximize revenue.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests’ accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment and makes change for guests.
- May make, confirm, and cancel reservations for guests.
- May post charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone by hand or machine.
- May make restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservations for guests.
- May deposit guests’ valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box.
- Verifies the status of all wake-up call requests and ensures they are properly handled.
- Follows all hotel policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, with all level of associates and guests in a friendly, attentive, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
2. Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
3. Receive guest complaints and/or requests and ensure that appropriate actions have been taken.
4. Communicate with other departments to foster cross-departmental efficiency and team development.
5. Operate computer systems to track guest reservations and assigned rooms.
6. Provide room availability information to sales personnel upon request.
7. Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag.
8. Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aquila Lodging as required by scheduling, which may vary based upon the needs of the hotel.
9. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of guest information.
10. Attend all employee meetings as assigned.
11. Reliable transportation to/from hotel and events is required.
Position involves indoor work and typically involves standing and moving throughout the shift. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, and operate computers, copy machines, telephones, and other office equipment. Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
At least a high school diploma or GED is required. A degree or certification in the hospitality field, or minimum combination of three years’ front office experience is required. Two years of previous supervisory experience required.
This position offers a base salary plus quarterly bonus opportunity.
If you have IHG / opera systems experience, you will be considered first!
*** Please note, you must have experience working in a hotel to be considered***