American Cruise Lines (ACL), the largest USA flagged cruise line in the United States, is looking to add Hotel General Managers to our shipboard team as we gear up for our 2021 season. ACL only operates within the USA. We have no more than 200 passenger vessels that create a one of a kind small ship experience. With newly constructed vessels being added to our fleet, we are now accepting applications for our shipboard management positions for our 2021 season!
Hotel General Managers are leaders on all American Cruise Lines ships. As General Manager, you will lead the hotel and food service teams, while ensuring our guests are provided with the highest level of service in a clean and safe environment. The entire hotel department will report directly to you as we travel the rivers and waterways of the country. This is a traveling position that will immerse you in the hospitality, food service, and cruise industries.
Your primary duties include overseeing the day-to-day hotel operations and onboard food services, as well coordinating onshore events. Other responsibilities include coaching and training the hotel team and establishing collaborative relationships among team members. At all times you must ensure that our company policies are applied and upheld in a consistent manner. To make sure that you are well-supported onboard, we have a network of onshore operations and logistics personnel throughout the country who are available to assist you.
Being a manager on board a cruise ship is an adventurous career choice. Every day you will visit a different city and view a new landscape. All travel and on board living expenses are covered, so you will be able to enjoy the journey while saving and earning competitive pay. With brand new ships launching this year, we would love for you to join our growing team today!
- Lead the Assistant Hotel Manager, Housekeeping Manager, and Dining Room Manager
- Oversee hotel departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to guests
- Resolve guest complaints in a timely manner
- Provide a positive guest experience through quality, safety, and strong customer service
- Continuously improve the daily performance of the shipboard team and hotel department
- Communicate effectively to all other departments including housekeeping, food and beverage, etc.
- Evaluate with each department head their identified goals and the action steps to achieve them within the acknowledged length of time
- Coordinate all staff to create specific, measurable, achievable, and realistic game plans in order to provide our guests with a memorable cruise on each of our itineraries
- 3+ years of hotel or food and beverage management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or hospitality management
- Willing to live and work aboard the ship
- Optimism and a hardworking drive to succeed
- Cruise industry experience not required
- Benefits package including medical, dental, and matching 401k
- Paid travel
- No living expenses aboard the ship (room and board are included)
- Training programs to support you
- Continuous growth in the company
About Our Company: American Cruise Lines operates the newest and largest fleet of cruise ships in the United States, 3 of which are on the Mississippi River. The America and the Queen of the Mississippi are modern paddlewheelers reminiscent of steamboats from a bygone era, while the American Song is a brand new riverboat with contemporary décor. We offer a number of shipboard positions which provide the opportunity to cruise the most captivating destinations in the country including the East Coast, Mississippi River, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. Take advantage of this opportunity to join a thriving company with over 30 years of experience. Create lasting memories on board, while exploring the beauty of America’s waterways.
Due to the U.S. Coast Guard regulations we are only able to hire American citizens or those who hold a valid Green Card