Job Description: Raines Hospitality Inc. is seeking a Hotel General Manager for Downtown Florence, SC
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Administering, directing, and controlling the overall operations of the Hotel.
- Accountable for achieving budgeted revenues/profits, while maintaining the operational and service standards prescribed by Raines Hospitality Inc.
- Training associates in the various departments on how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities while in accordance with established objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Keeping open communication between managers and associates including providing disciplinary action when, and if, necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and respond problems that are encountered in the Hotel involving both guests and associates.
- Participating in and conducting the following a. Daily Stand-Up Meetings or Huddles b. property P.I.C. (Person In Charge) Training and fire and life safety procedures c. weekly sales meetings to review inventory control and selling strategy used to understand competitive market conditions and analysis as developed in coordination with Sales and Marketing Team
- Promoting teamwork and associate morale while projecting enthusiastic, optimistic, helpful attitude.
- Ensuring the proper recruiting, interviewing, screening, reference checking, and hiring procedures are followed.
- Ensuring accurate records of necessary federal, state, and local reports as required by the applicable laws, franchise SOPs, OSHA requirements and Raines Hospitality Inc.'s local SOPs. –
- Conducting self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the Raines Hospitality Inc. organization
- Monitoring service trends by speaking with guests and reviewing written guest comment cards and guest tracking information to ensure brand and Raines Hospitality Inc's service standards are achieved.
- Representing the hotel in the market and develop relationships with key accounts and community affairs and government.
- Following proper accounts payable and receivables protocols.
- Ensuring food service profitability while meeting proper food handling sanitation requirements
- Assisting Engineering by planning redo projects determine recommended scope for work outside of the general redo resolve redo related problems with Engineering Manager while reviewing and coordinating preventive maintenance programs and projects.
- Reviewing service contracts with vendors, review bids and make recommendations periodically check on service quality track expiration of local contracts and license renewal and working to resolve legal issues related to standard warranty process for building damage.
Requirements: - College degree in Hospitality preferred - Minimum three years experience as General Manager - Has managed/overseen both & Rooms Division limited Food & Beverage - Excellent planning, organization, and guest services skills - Outstanding leadership and communication abilities - Proven track record in the hotel industry demonstrating achievement of outstanding profit and guest service related goals - Able to push, stand, stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds repetitively - Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays