The Country Inn and Suites by Radisson at Ontario Mills is looking to fill their current opportunity of General Manager. The General Manager will oversee all aspects of the hotel operations of our 117 room hotel in the Ontario area. They are responsible for all phases including all operations with the front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, human resources, social media, accounting, sales and breakfast. This person will be a true support for the staff and always lead by example. They will have a strong work ethic and exhibit strong organizational and time management skills. The General Manager will work closely with hotel ownership to ensure all property projects are completed successfully and on time.
- Recruits, selects, trains, and manages employees to deliver superior guest services and quality products that will lead to maximizing revenue and profitability goals.
- Creates and maintains a nurturing environment, empowering hotel staff to excel and deliver excellent guest service.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and manages the hotel's annual budget and long-term business plan.
- Creates new promotions or packages in response to market conditions and revenue opportunities.
- Protects the hotel’s financial assets by properly administering policies and procedures for handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions. Also, properly administers policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees.
- Ensures all company surveys and on line reviews are responded to in a prompt time frame.
- Prepares various daily, weekly, monthly reports for owners.
- Ensures that all month end responsibilities are completed on time.
- Ensures regular assessments and reviews of all hotel personnel are completed on time.
- Maintains a high personal visibility throughout the property and throughout the community.
- Develops successful processes for revenue management to maximize the properties financial goals.
- Works with the Sales Manager to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies.
- Establishes strong relationships with vendors and determines the most appropriate supplies to order.
- Assist all departments and fill in any position at the hotel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years hotel management experience.
- Prior Radisson management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Strong leadership and a professional image.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Medium work-exertion up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Ability to stand for long hours at a time.
- Bilingual, Spanish/English, helpful.
Job Type: Full-time