Hotel General Manager
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of hotel with food and beverage. This includes maintaining the highest level of guest satisfaction, responding to guest's comments and requests, understanding of the budget and staying within budgeted operational costs, ensure proper training of all personnel and ensure staffing levels are appropriate for business demands.
Reports to: Director, Hotel Operations
Supervises: Hotel & Conference Center Staff
Interfaces with: Department Managers, Guests, Associates, and Vendors, Regional Sales Manager, Brand Management, WSLM Partners
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Committed to ensuring every guest leaves satisfied.
- Provides a personal example of commitment to guest service by responding to each guests needs.
- Empowers staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest service.
- Ensures hotel standards contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
Sales and Marketing:
- Be active in the sales effort.
- Ensure staff is knowledgeable about incoming groups and new accounts.
- Communicate with the Director of Sales to be informed of recent developments and upcoming events.
- Sales calls and sales related activities one to two days a week.
- Ensure daily deposits are made.
- Review daily reports to include revenue, rate override, forecast and other reports generated by your property management systems as needed.
- Understand budget and ensure operating costs and labor costs are appropriate based on business demands.
- Ensure staff is trained in financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables and that these procedures are regularly followed.
- Knows the demand segments and sources of business for each.
- Ensure city ledger accounts are kept current and invoices are sent regularly for accounts receivables.
- Ensure monthly financial statements are correct and ready for monthly financial reviews.
- Attend monthly financial reviews with Regional Director of Operations and WSLM Partners
- Greet employees one on one and provide open communication environment.
- Participate in recruiting, selection, orientation, training and performance evaluations.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Ensures all employees know hotel & conference center objectives.
- Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benefits.
- Ensures payroll is reviewed daily and processed in accordance the payroll timeline.
- Ensure all employees have up to date information in employee files and document all training and progressive discipline.
- Ensure Food and Beverage procedures meet Health codes and specific brand standards.
- Ensures ongoing staff involvement in preventive maintenance programs
- Ensures hotel & conference center continue to have outstanding Quality Assurance Evaluations.
- Inspect rooms, building exterior, parking lot, hotel shuttle, etc. daily.
- Performs other reasonable tasks as assigned.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.