HOTEL MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
o Goal: To create a program that will allow students to gain valuable knowledge of the hospitality industry through hands-on experience of the day-to-day operations of DHM Hotels. The internship program will allow students to apply their classroom experience to the operations of our hotels. The program takes students through an immersive 14-week program to see how a hotel functions operationally.
o Target: Students who have completed their junior, senior year OR graduated from a four-year institution, maintained a 3.0 minimum GPA, and those who have a strong interest in management and hospitality. Students majoring in hospitality management, business management or related fields are preferred.
o Location: Park City Sheraton, San Diego Marriott Mission Valley,
, Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront, or Hilton Houston North
o Time Period: Interns will work for 14 weeks over school semesters of the students choice, for approximately 40 hours per week.
o Structure of the Program: In order to give students a realistic preview of what is involved in the management of a Driftwood hotel, the program is designed to expose interns to every aspect of hotel management as well as work on a specific project. Therefore, a schedule that would allow the intern to rotate through all departments and allow time to complete the assigned project would be structured similar to the following:
o Orientation – Basic Management Overview
- The intern will rotate through all departments within the hotel to give a general overview of the processes that are vital for smooth operations. The manager of each department will train the intern on key elements of their department. A focus should ultimately be placed on the topic/area that the intern will focus their project, in order to give an intern a deeper understanding of the processes/team members associated with their project (i.e. Sales, Front Desk, F&B, HR, etc).
o Project Focused
- Interns will be assigned a project based on the current demands of each hotel. After the general orientation, interns will then focus their work and time on one major project and develop a presentation to roll out at the end of the intern program to key management team members.
- Interns are also expected to participate in supplementary assignments throughout the program.
o In addition to the day-to-day jobs of the interns, there will also be activities set up specifically for the interns. Some examples include:
- Mentor Meetings (Interns will be paired with a mentor from the stores as a source of information and guidance)
- Field Trips (tour of headquarters, different brand/concept hotels, competitive set tours, etc.)
- Weekly Group Meetings/Roundtable Events/Conference Calls with other interns
Key Note Speakers (Regional Managers, Owners/Executives, etc.) Regional visit/meeting attendance, where applicable
About Driftwood Hospitality LLC
Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC operates and develops hotels throughout the United States and Latin America. Our portfolio includes over 70 hotels and more than 9,584 rooms in top business travel, convention markets, and resort destinations located across the U.S., as well as Costa Rica with 1,299 rooms under construction. We strive to acquire, develop, reposition, renovate and operate hotels in the most attractive markets and pride ourselves in providing services that allow our hotels and resorts to achieve solid growth and generate more revenue month after month, year after year.