Location:Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile - 30 N. 300 West, Kanab, UT 84741
The Manager of the new, pet-centric Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile will lead a staff of approximately 25 associates in warmly welcoming visitors and their pets to this subsidiary of Best Friends Animal Society. The Manager will exemplify and drive an inspired, hands-on level of personal service in keeping with Best Friends brand and hospitality standards for all guests and their pets while providing appropriate recognition, personal involvement and amenities for Best Friends clientele including members, donors, volunteers, associates, etc.
The Manager will be highly visible for Roadhouse guests and associates, and within the Kanab community, while effectively interacting with Best Friends Animal Society department heads, and working collaboratively with Best Friends Hospitality group leaders.
- Ensure safe conditions are maintained at all times for all guests, pets and associated visitors
- Provide accurate financial management of the Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to serve all guests
- Ensure all staff are nurtured, trained and supported
- Build long term relationships with guests, pets and associates
- Ensure the property is kept in pristine condition at all times
- Perform other duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated prior leadership experience in boutique lodging or small luxury, especially in front desk and lodging operations is required
- Strong familiarity with hospitality technology software and systems including property management, guest communications, digital locks, etc preferred
- Some prior experience with retail and food and beverage in a lodging environment is preferred
- Previous demonstrated community participation is strongly preferred
- Ability to regularly work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed in order to manage lodging operations and ensure guest's and pets needs are met
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on a computer with repetitive typing, arm and hand movement
- Ability to drive a Best Friends Animal Society vehicle when necessary to maintain operations and meet guest's needs
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time in order to manage lodging operations and meet the needs of guests and pets, as well as interact with the local community
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.