Opportunity: Hotel Manager
A jewel of downtown El Paso, the Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park is a one of a kind luxurious revival of Conrad Hilton’s original 1930s hotel. The hotel is marked by its unforgettable hospitality and a vibrant yet familiar sense of warmth, where diverse cultures gather for a memorable experience. The Hotel Manager will embrace the history of the property while guiding its evolution by supervising and managing the hotel departments and overseeing hotel operations as directed.
Potential Career Path
General Manager – Area General Manager – Regional Director of Operations
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee hotel departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to hotel guests.
- Assist the GM in preparation of forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the budget to maximizerevenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints, and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Communicate and maintain a positive rapport with associates and guests, connecting regularly with staff, corporate and ownership.
- Oversee the property accounting functions including but not limited to Accounts payable and receivable, house bank audits, petty cash, and tax.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting department to oversee payroll functions.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Interact with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Serve on the hotel’s safety committee.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and followMSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Intermediate knowledge of overall hotel operations.
- Experience in Texas and/or Mexico preferred.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality or a related field.
- Previous experience within a luxury hotel is preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It