Job Title: House Attendant
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Housekeeping Supervisor, Housekeeping Manager, General Manager
Maintain cleanliness standards of the Hotel in all public areas.
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel lobby, hallways, public restrooms, and public areas of the hotel.
- Deep cleaning assigned areas of the hotel.
- Clean and set-up meeting room functions.
- Clean and maintain the appearance of the surrounding areas of the hotel, including the sidewalk, and stairs.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of maid closets, guest laundry areas and corridors.
- Properly handle all equipment and cleaning chemicals (i.e. washer, dryer, detergents etc.)
- Deliver housekeeping items to guest rooms upon request from the Front Desk or Supervisor.
- Greet each guest that you encounter in the hallways, lobby or public areas with “Good Morning” or “Good Afternoon” or “Good Evening”.
- Quickly respond to guest requests in a timely and friendly manner.
- Communicate to Supervisor when recovering any and all lost and found items.
- Effectively work with team members to accomplish assigned tasks each day.
- Follow procedures for entering and leaving guest rooms.
- Follow all instructions when filling spray bottles with cleaning chemicals, never mix chemicals.
- Turn in keys and radio to the Housekeeping Department when shift ends.
- Work in a safe manner to prevent injury to yourself, other staff members or our valued guests.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of Room Attendants closets, guest areas and Hotel facilities.
- Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your Department Supervisor.
· Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Report to work on time and in uniform.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Maintain control of keys issued to perform assigned duties.
- Teamwork: must be able to effectively communicate and work with fellow associates to complete daily tasks.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented as it pertains to accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible work schedule.
· Knowledge of proper chemical handling
· Experience working with cleaning tools: carpet cleaners, vacuums, floor polishers, etc.
· Ability to read, write, and understand simple instructions.
· Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co‑workers and management to their understanding
· Ability to move, traverse, position self to reach corners on floors and high places; observe conditions, detect odors, position and navigate carts weighing up to 200# in tight spaces; operate equipment including spray bottles, vacuums, mops, brooms, floor buffers. Lift, carry and position loads of at least 25#. These abilities are required for an entire shift.