Imagine you and your spouse, partner, or family member being a part of a community that makes a difference in the lives of children - as a TEAM! Starting pay is $71,136 per couple with housing, utilities, gasoline, vehicle and food all employer-paid. Each team member must apply individually.
At this time, we are also excited to offer new House Parents a sign on bonus of $1,250, payable after all training is complete, when the House Parent and home have been fully licensed, and has had active placements for 90 days!
For over 50 years, St. Jude’s Ranch for Children has provided a safe, nurturing home with therapeutic residential treatment services to thousands of abused and neglected children in Nevada. House Parents at St. Jude’s provide on-going direct care, emotional nurturing, and daily supervision of children ages 0-18 years, as well as supervising assigned staff in the home. They work with Behavioral Health staff to provide updates, follow through on clinical recommendations, and coordinate/facilitate needed services and interventions. Our ideal House Parents:
• Are responsive to children's needs, providing home cooked meals in family style dining and administering medication
• Teach youth skills to maximize skill development and independent living, providing emotional support and serving as role models
• Provide crisis intervention to youth while maintaining emotional self-control and de-escalating youth in crisis
• Communicate with youth’s team to provide information in regard to youth behaviors, strategies, and progress, attending court sessions, team meetings, and conferences on behalf of youth
• Ensure home meets DFS licensing, health department, and USDA requirements at all times, maintaining line of sight supervision on youth at all times, depending on age and maturity
• Represent the organization with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public
House Parents starting compensation as a couple will be $71,136 per year, subject to standard deductions required by law.
As part of your compensation package, the Ranch agrees to pay the following:
- Housing with a fair market value of $1,000-1,500 per month
- Food valued at up to $300 for a single person, or up to $1000 for a family of four per month
- Utilities (water, sewage, gas, power, trash, and phone) valued at $372 per month
- Vehicle and fuel card provided to use in the performance of your duties
House Parents will also receive a period of rest of at least 24 consecutive hours biweekly and will receive at least 48 consecutive hours of rest during each calendar month.
Education and Experience:
Minimum requirement of a high school diploma; Associate's Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Social Work, or a related field preferred; AND two (2) years of child care experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
• Nevada driver’s license.
• CPR and First Aid certification within six (6) months of date of employment.
• Able to be Medicaid Provider certified within six (6) months of date of employment.