Plantation General Hospital
PlantationGeneral Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation andCentral Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes ofthe Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our familyfriendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients andthe communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission CertifiedPrimary Stroke Center and an American College ofSurgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intensefocus in Women and Children’s Services, we have received HealthgradesObstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum,quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric,behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, andminimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We inviteyou to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join ourdedicated family of healthcare professionals.
We are seeking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse to serve as House Supervisor. The Nursing Supervisor manages and coordinates the implementation procedures that will benefit all patient care activities and the personnel who perform them, during evening, night and weekend shifts. As a House Supervisor some of your task and responsibilities will be to:
- Actively participates in orientation of nursing supervisors.
- Confer with the Department Manager regarding employee counseling needs and disciplinary action in accordance with department procedures.
- Consider overall function of the hospital when making decisions, including consideration of entire scope and ramification of situation.
- Consult with and advise administrator on call of situations requiring follow-up or specific attention.
- Coordinate staffing to ensure continuity, appropriate level of care and maximum utilization of personnel for assigned shift.
- Demonstrate a complete awareness of legal aspects, patients’ rights and hospital liabilities when making decisions.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, acting as a role model for other staff members.
- Demonstrate ability to foresee potential problem situations ad intervenes to offset situations.
- Elicit evaluative feedback from patients, families and others in an attempt to resolve any unmet needs or opportunities.
- Ensure compliance to JCAHO and all applicable governmental agencies.
- Ensure familiarity with hospital emergency procedures and their role as Administrative Supervisor.
- Ensure follow-through on nursing office schedules and staffing sheets on all schedule changes.
- Ensure on-call departments are contacted and utilized as per policy and procedure i.e., Endo/GI, Surgery, Interventional Radiology.
- Ensure that all expirations are completed appropriately, including notification of the medical examiner, where indicated.
- Ensure that sick calls/absences are recorded on the daily sheets and in Facility Scheduler.
- Ensure that census, staff allowed on each unit according to matrix, staffing provided to each unit and variance on each unit are documented on the daily staffing sheets each shift.
- Investigate patient, visitor, employee and physician incidents and takes immediate action to resolve them, including follow-up.
- Maintain documentation of issues on the daily report sheet in Meditech and ensures communication to appropriate manager, where indicated.
- Maintain flexibility in supervision schedule and coverage in order to meet department needs.
- Make rounds on designated patients daily i.e., VIP, concerns, risks.
- Oversee the care rendered by personnel and reviews documentation where indicated.
- Participate in direct patient care, functioning as a role model.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Provide feedback to the Department Manager regarding the performance of staff members, where appropriate.
- Read e-mail on a consistent basis in order to stay apprised of changes and information updates.
- Support Nursing Department and Hospital philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Utilize administrator on-call appropriately for the decision making process.
- Work in conjunction with the medical staff and admitting office to facilitate the appropriate admission, discharge and transfer of patients.