House Supervisor Part Time Nights
Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
- Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30-minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
- Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
- CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
- LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
- Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
Part Time Nights
7a-3p = base wage
3p-11p = base wage plus 6%
11p-7a = base wage plus 15%
Weekends are another 10% on top of the above
7a-3p = base wage plus 10%
3p-11p = base wage plus 6% plus 10%
11p-7a = base wage plus 15% plus 10%
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists with development, implementation, and evaluation of policies, standards, educational services, and programs that support the department.
- Demonstrates initiatives in developing, implementing and analyzing quality improvement activities and outcomes of the department.
- Collaborates with the Nursing Directors and CNO to identify needs as part of the operating and capital budget process
- Initiates activities to enhance revenues and support cost reduction and containment activities
- Initiates and/or participates in methods to reduce unnecessary salary expenses (i.e. FTE reduction, skill mix changes, Overtime usage, PRN usage, Agency Usage, and census fluctuation).
What You Will Need:
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
· Six months to one year related experience and/or training.
· Current certificate in C.P.R.
· Current certificate in ACLS.
· Current license as an RN in the state of Texas.
· This position plays a key role in emergency preparedness/response at CTMC, and this position is required to complete the NIMS training courses for Healthcare within six months of hire. NIMS 100, 200, 700 & 800 certification.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read labels of medications, read safety information, and hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Must have some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with nursing processes and patient care. Must have some computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer system is desirable.
Practices as a professional nurse within the limits of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, assuming responsibility for coordinating hospital function for a designated shift. Is responsible for decision making regarding the concerns occurring during the assigned shift based on historical data, current policies/procedures, and standards of care. Is responsible for efficient and adequate staffing of nursing personnel. Consults with the Director of Nursing, CNO, and other hospital administrative staff as appropriate. Is designated as the hospital authority in the absence of administrative staff. The supervisor utilizes management skill, knowledge and the nursing process to ensure quality of care provided in harmony with philosophy, goals, and policies of the nursing department and hospital administration. Coordinates transfers in and out of the hospital. Obtains medical records, medications, diets, equipment, and medical supplies as needed during off hours, as requested.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.