Aspen Heights strives to provide the best experience in student living across the country. We want to hire and develop the best talent to help deliver a truly above & beyond customer experience and we’ll stop at nothing in our quest to lead the industry.
We are seeking a Part-Time Housekeeper who will help us maintain a clean and presentable housing community. You may be required to participate in the on-call rotation including evening and weekends in this position.
Required Job Skills:
- Vacuuming and/or shampooing carpet areas including resident rooms, hallways, and common areas;
- Mopping and cleaning tile areas including resident rooms, hallways, and common areas;
- Picking up trash on property grounds, emptying trash in designated area;
- Cleaning bathrooms including tub, shower, and toilet areas;
- Working in common areas such as the lobby, offices, and Clubhouse as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and General Manager;
- Meeting and maintaining company standards; and being responsible for understanding and following Aspen standard operating procedures.
- Potentially assist the maintenance team with work orders, moving furniture, and unloading and storing supplies;
- Assist with pool maintenance; and be responsible for pressure washing.
Key Characteristics for a successful Porter:
- Organized - Plans and organizes tasks in an efficient productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Can juggle multiple projects. Pays attention to detail.
- Empathetic - Understanding of others needs.
- Adaptable - Adjusts quickly and is flexible to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity. Flexes around new ideas, processes or environments.
- Resilient- Able to spring back and recover quickly from difficult situations.
- Customer Service – Provides “World Class Customer Service” to those that they interact with and serve on a daily basis.
- Self-starter – Takes initiative by jumping into tasks and responsibilities. Ability to thrive with little supervision and asks for assistance when needed.
- Connection- Committed to collaboration, play, healthy relationships.
- Creativity- Committed to continuous learning, imagination, curiosity.
- Performance- Committed to excellence, accountability, and responsibility.
- Leadership- Committed to self-awareness, integrity, and compassion.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent.
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of general maintenance, make-ready of unit duties (trash out, cleaning & painting), housekeeping and cleaning tasks.
- The ability to understand and carry out written or verbal multi-step instructions
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, including understanding and following SDS rules for handling and use of any chemicals
- The ability to drive a golf cart
- The ability to problem solve
- Able to work up to 30 hours per week