Job Title: Housekeeper
Position Summary: Housekeepers at Waltonwood are self-motivated, customer service oriented professionals that are vital to the success of our communities. Reporting to the Maintenance Director or Housekeeping Supervisor, housekeepers are responsible for cleanliness in all aspects of the community. By maintaining a sanitary environment in the apartments and common areas for the safety of our residents, our housekeepers provide a pleasant experience for all visitors to the community. Housekeepers take pride in providing a beautiful, clean, and safe community for residents and guests.
Our Maintenance Department is comprised of highly skilled associates that maintain utilities, grounds, and buildings for the Waltonwood communities. Our mission is to provide quality service in an efficient and professional manner to ensure a safe, attractive, comfortable, and clean environment. We focus on providing high resident satisfaction and beautiful, well-maintained communities.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Clean the bathrooms, windows and blinds of apartments and common areas. Vacuum, dust, mop floors and polish furniture.
- Survey and clean high touch areas regularly, sanitizing rooms, spa, and surfaces. Take out trash.
- Build a rapport with residents, and respond to their needs.
- Wash, dry, fold, and put away laundry.
- Submit work orders to the Maintenance Supervisor as necessary.
- Adhere to safety regulations regarding safe chemical handling, as well as other cleaning procedures to prevent cross-contamination. Ensure all chemicals are labelled and on file in the MSDS.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of the cleaning and laundry schedules.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director.
At Waltonwood, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day. First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace and the overall community operations. We expect all associates to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and residents into the community, and making them feel at home. Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals.
- Integrity and Trust – Does what they say they will do, does not take the easy road, and does not misrepresent themselves for personal gain. Always does the right thing, even when it does not benefit themselves.
- Detail Oriented – Pays attention to the smallest details in a situation, and truly cares about them. Understands the importance of all aspects of a given task, no matter how trivial they may seem. Values the importance of gathering all relevant information before making a decision.
- Work Ethic – Places value on hard work and achieving goals. Takes pride in work related activities, tasks and responsibilities. Acts professionally, respectfully, and is dedicated to work. Takes accountability and responsibility for their work and work related tasks.
- Passion for Seniors – Feels strongly about working with the senior population. Has a drive to go above and beyond for seniors. Typically this comes from a personal experience or prior work experience in a senior citizen setting.
- Previous professional cleaning experience (in a healthcare or long term care community preferred).
- Detail oriented, dependable, and organized.
- Independent worker with integrity and good judgement.
- Ability to bend, twist, kneel, and reach.
- Constant standing and walking – ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is frequently exposed to heat/ cold
- Performing repetitive movements throughout the day.