The Housekeeper will maintain assigned area in a sanitary and orderly condition. Performs a variety of duties such as cleaning and dusting furniture, cleaning/vacuuming floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing trash to maintain assigned floors in an orderly, sanitary and attractive condition for patients, personnel and visitors. The Housekeeper is also responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment and supplies. May also be assigned to clean snow or debris from Institute grounds and notify management of the need for major repairs.
The Housekeeper will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Housekeeper will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Housekeeper will:
- Performs general housekeeping responsibilities such as moping, dusting, vacuuming, carpet shampooing and other related duties.
- Cleans and polishes sinks, tubs, mirrors and similar equipment; replenishes supplies of soap, towels, toilet paper and other dispensable items.
- Strips, buffs and applies wax to floors in designated areas on a routine basis.
- Picks up trash and empties wastebaskets from several floors and transports to designated location outside building; cleans waste receptacles.
- Cleans and/or chemically disinfects walls, ceilings, windows, radiators and blinds in patient rooms, hallways and other areas.
- Moves and arranges furniture/equipment in an orderly fashion. Sets up required meeting and functional rooms.
- Maintains outside grounds during summer months and may operate snow plow tractor for snow removal during winter months.
- Removes soiled bed linen from assigned areas; makes beds with fresh linen in prescribed manner at patient discharge.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Work requires a fundamental level of knowledge such as the ability to follow oral or written instructions and perform simple arithmetic.
- Knowledge of recurrent work routines and procedures, operation of non-complex equipment normally acquired during a week or less orientation on the job.
- Will have contact with patients, their families, and other RIC staff depending on work area and therefore should have appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Normal patient care and office environment with exposure to dust, noise, offensive odors and fumes.
- Occasional exposure to infectious disease when cleaning patient rooms.
- Work requires the ability to move and transport objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLabis an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.