Performs daily cleaning tasks for all assigned areas, including all aspects of floor care, within the hospital and/or affiliate locations in accordance with department guidelines and current state, federal, and local standards and regulations. Maintains and assures that all areas assigned within the hospital and/or affiliate facilities are clean, safe and environmentally comfortable for patients, residents, visitors and employees.
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is preferred, but not required.
- 1 Year of floor care preferred.
- On the job training is provided.
- Must be able to understand basic verbal and written English instructions, must be capable of exercising judgment and making decisions relative to the timing of and/or method of carrying out the required daily cleaning activities so as not to disrupt the comfort level of patients, residents, visitors and employees.
- Must be able to speak the English language at a level that allows the safe and efficient performance of all essential duties of the job.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination as required by ECHN, demonstrate an ability to utilize supplies, light tools and equipment properly and be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position.These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.Eastern Connecticut Health Network reserves the right to change or assign other duties and responsibilities to this position
- Competently performs any Housekeeper I and or Aide I duties including following ECHN’s Seven-Step Cleaning Process to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
- Performs all environmental service related responsibilities servicing patients, residents, visitors and employees while demonstrating customer service skills as taught during employee orientation.
- Cleans and maintains odor-free assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Performs heavier cleaning functions, including all floor care, in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Performs discharges including stripping patient beds.
- Assists in cleaning up emergency spills when observed or upon request.
- Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommends repairs as needed.
- Observes and reports general need for repairs to equipment, building, furniture and fixtures.
- In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating ambulatory patients and/or residents to exits.
- In case of community disaster, assists nursing in making up extra beds and other duties as assigned.
- Removes, weighs, packages, seals, labels, documents manifest and disposes of medical waste in accordance with prescribed hospital/facility procedure and related state and federal regulations.
- Maintains clean floors performing all aspects of care, including mopping, stripping, buffing, waxing, carpet cleaning and extraction, often using heavy equipment which may require lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Removes bulk trash and soiled linen, and/or assists with sorting, stacking, labeling and delivering of linens.
- Patrols/monitors the grounds of the hospital or facility to assure its cleanliness and safety.
- Assists in stocking linen carts and/or delivering linens.
- Utilizes ladder to hang curtains in patient rooms upon request.