Location: Kanab, Utah
Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is nestled in the red cliffs of Angel Canyon in the Golden Circle of Southern Utah National Parks. Our cottages, cabins and RV Park are on the Sanctuary property, where some 3,100 of our visitors and volunteers choose to stay during their visit to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
Visitors who stay on Best Friends property are able to have a unique experience being in Angel Canyon. Those working in Housekeeping play an integral part in creating and maintaining that experience by presenting units and public areas in pristine condition. The Housekeeping personnel are often times the link to the guest and our accommodations, working to ensure that all details of presentation of their units are completed to their satisfaction. This person possesses exceptional customer service skills and understands Best Friends' culture of kindness as it relates to our accommodations. Staying onsite is a great opportunity, which enhances the overall experience for our visitors and the support they bring to the overall mission of Best Friends.
Housekeeping personnel clean an average of 125 units per month. In addition to this, personnel clean about 60 offices, 85 personal bathrooms and 188 public areas on a regular monthly basis. A person in this position will be expected to perform routine manual tasks to maintain cleanliness, sanitary conditions and appearance inside and outside of the areas under their purview.
- Participating in all housekeeping-related tasks at any given time including clean and service assigned areas to include, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, and washing windows and walls, dusting, vacuuming, doing laundry, trash removal, and scrubbing various buildings on a regular schedule.
- Keeping public areas, private restrooms and units stocked with toiletries and supplies, and report maintenance needs. Maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies, paper products, and other provisions.
- Performing routine light maintenance and repair, such as changing light bulbs, tightening toilet seats, cleaning up after vermin, shoveling snow and placing cinders, TV/cable troubleshooting, plunging toilets, touch up painting, window screens and blind repairs, replacing compact fridges, microwaves and coffee makers and pulling weeds around units.
- Cleaning up after emergencies, such as overflowing toilet, broken dishes andanimal accidents on floors and furniture.
- Interacting with our guests, answering questions and assisting guests with their needs. Being sensitive to any comments by guests for necessary improvements and reporting those
- Responding to special requests from guests, such as fresh towels, sheets, light cleaning, early check-ins or late check-outs.
- Assisting guests with unusual needs, i.e. jumping a dead battery, pushing a vehicle out of the mud or snow.
- Maintaining laundry so items are always available in the storeroom, Welcome Center, Village kitchen, Eckhoffs, Maia's and Big Lake Guest and Meeting House.
- Bringing any issues immediately to Team Lead Visitor Experience Manager's attention.
- Keeping abreast of BFAS current news by checking personal email daily. Basic computer skills required
- Engageing in a safe, healthy, and positive work environment.
- Identifying improvement to tasks
- Assist team members with tasks
- Other duties as assigned by Team Lead, Visitor Experience Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Outgoing positive personality and communication skills. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, and able to get along well with a wide variety of people.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Flexible and enjoys handling a variety of tasks.
- Previous related experience preferable, but will train the right person.
- Must have a valid driver's license and qualify for BFAS insurance.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Demonstrates personal accountability to ensure that all responsibilities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Accurate, appropriate, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Strong listening skills.
- Basic computer skills required. Must be able to use email and navigate pdf, word, and excel documents. Also need to be able to complete forms, save, and send as attachments to emails.
- Able and willing to professionally advocate Best Friends position on issues.
- Must be able to routinely lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work out of doors in all weather conditions, with temperatures ranging from below freezing to above 100 degrees.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to: climbing up and down ladders, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.