To be considered for this position, please follow this link and complete our Employee Assessment!
Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas.
- Grade-school education;
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another individual;
- Ability to follow oral directions;
- Personal cleanliness;
- Pleasant, tactful and courteous;
- Physically healthy and strong enough to perform duties;
- Ability to cooperate with other employees;
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis;
- Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions;
- Economical use of supplies, care and use of equipment. Any satisfactory combination of education, training, experience, or abilities in a related field.
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) as outlined for the housekeeping department.
- Cleans assigned areas, furnishings, and fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
- Clean floors: Dry mop, wet mop, sweeps, waxes, buffs, disinfects where and when necessary. Performs emergency housekeeping where accidents occur.
- Cleans movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures. Dusts, spot cleans or washes, disinfects when necessary, polishes where required. This includes the cleaning of ledges, shelves, vents, etc.
- Empties and cleans ashtrays. Empties, cleans and relines wastebaskets. Straightens or rearranges furniture as directed. Inspects furnishings for wear and defects and reports to Director of Housekeeping and/or designee.
- Cleans bathroom (resident, private): Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, and walls as directed. Washes windows and mirrors. Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Cleans walls, windows, doors, and ceilings: Spot cleans between washings, washes, disinfects when necessary. Walls and ceilings and ceiling fixtures are cleaned as scheduled.
- Cleans entrances and exits: Cleans as directed above for floors and walls.
- Cleans all horizontal surfaces daily or as required, removing dust, dirt, or greasy film, using disinfectants where necessary such as in resident care areas.
- Performs terminal cleaning duties according to established procedure (see nursing procedure manual) in resident rooms when resident has been discharged or transferred, and prepares room for new occupant.
- Performs cleaning duties in isolation units when resident is transferred, according to established procedure (see nursing procedure manual).
- Removes for cleaning and re-hangs curtains, drapes, and dividers. Removes waste and disposes of waste and trash.
- Reports observations concerning structural and equipment wear, defects and malfunctioning to supervisor.
- Reports supply and equipment needs to Director of Housekeeping for replenishing.
- Maintains equipment used in performing duties.
- Relieves laundress as scheduled or on a PRN basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Report any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring, or tiling requiring replacement or repair. Report any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment. Report any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Assist in receiving and storing supplies.
- Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
- Follow facility Infection Control policy.
- Ensure that all residents are treated fairly, and with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Report all grievances and complaints made by the resident to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Maintains compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Ability to assume accountability for all data contained in the employee’s handbook.
- Perform other department duties assigned by the Housekeeping Manager.