The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, the jewel of the Southern California coastline, is currently hiring for a full-time Housekeeper. Please consider joining our team! We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community.
Our work team prides itself on extending exceptional customer service and appreciating residents' heritage, values and wisdom.
If you are interested and meet the requirements please come in to apply at 849 Coast Blvd. La Jolla, CA 92037.
Summary: The housekeeper is responsible for performing housekeeping and cleaning duties within established guidelines in assigned areas. Is responsible for the neat and clean appearance of resident's rooms and common areas by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Dusts furniture. Washes walls, ceilings and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels and sills.
- Vacuums rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies. Rearranges small furniture if needed. May sweep, scrub and wax floors.
- Empties wastebaskets and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Cleans lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, elevators, stairways and hallways as scheduled.
- Performs emergency housekeeping when accidents or special needs arise.
- Reports when equipment, structures, or furniture needs repair. Immediately completes a maintenance or housekeeping order if necessary.
- Assists with laundry and linens as assigned.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears safety equipment as required for the job.
- Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines in preparation and handling of foodstuffs.
- Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience required; two years of housekeeping service with work in retirement house, preferred.
This person must be flexible and be able to work one weekend day.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.