PITT OHIO, a $826million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking aHousekeeper/Light Building Maintenance Technician, M-F 11am-7:30pmat ourHarrisburg, PA Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
- Maintain all office areas in a clean and orderly condition including restrooms and other public areas
- Perform dusting, mopping, waxing, or buffing floors
- Remove trash including regular and recycling
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Polish fixtures and/or trimmings, Carpet Cleaning, Waxing VCT floor tile
- Assist with light maintenance tasks as necessary
- Perform snow removal and/or salting activities in the winter season
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with other employees
- High School Graduate or GED
- Prior cleaning experience in an office complex for 1 year
- May require outside work in extreme weather conditions
- Manual work - exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of forces frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects and equipment. Work requires continual movement and occasional stretching for reach to clean all areas
- Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as viewing computer terminal, and following written instruction.
- Typical exposure to interior environmental conditions like air conditioning and dust; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required such as grasping, to include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers in operating some cleaning equipment.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May be occasionally exposed to noise including cleaning machinery, such as vacuums, or floor scrubber.