This position is to perform scheduled housekeeping tasks as may be assigned by the Director of Environmental Services. Position may mop, sweep, dust, wash windows, shampoo and vacuum carpets, arrange furniture etc., and generally. clean furniture, equipment, fixtures and hardware.
- Using proper chemicals, tools, and equipment, dusts and cleans assigned areas including Residents’ rooms, living areas, furniture, fixtures, vents, lavatories, and basins as scheduled.
- Using proper chemicals in proper proportions may dust-mop or wet-mop or spot-mop floors, or, as necessary, strip, seal, wax, and buff floors.
- Empties trash containers, replaces liners as appropriate and disposes of trash in proper receptacles.
- Understand, comply with, and promote all rules regarding Residents’ Rights.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy lifting.
- Vacuums, extracts and/or shampoos carpets as necessary.
- Utilizes proper chemicals/equipment to wash and dry windows.
- Reports repair needs to supervisor or maintenance department as appropriate.
- Identifies and corrects safety hazards and abides by safety rules.
- Prior experience is preferred but not required.
- Functional literacy in English is required.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.