Sunnyside Care Center seeks a Housekeeping Assistant/Dining Assistant to join its team. Sunnyside Care Center consists of 30 nursing home beds and is located in Lake Park, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Housekeeping Assistant is responsible for maintaining Ecumen facilities in a clean, sanitary, orderly and attractive condition. Provides a pleasant living environment for residents and an organized, safe working environment for staff.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with community policies and department standards.
- Sweeps, vacuums, dusts, washes, waxes, scours and sanitizes areas as assigned; moving furniture and equipment to clean behind or under as necessary.
- Maintains all assigned areas in a safe manner. Reports any maintenance or safety concerns to supervisor or member of the leadership team.
- Follows all regulatory compliance standards.
- Maintains equipment and supply levels as needed. Reports supply/equipment needs to supervisor.
- Assists with any resident need, as applicable.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous housekeeping experience
- Previous experience working with seniors