Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you’ll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol. Omni Austin Hotel Downtown’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown’s commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company’s highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
To clean and maintain all carpets in public and associate areas, in accordance with Omni Standards.
- Shampoo and spot clean all hotel carpeted areas.
- Operate and maintain carpet cleaning machinery and supplies
- Shampoo lobby and public area carpets.
- Shampoo elevator carpets.
- Shampoo guestroom and hallway carpets.
- Reporting all damages to carpeted areas.
- Responsible for rotation of oriental rugs.
- Proper documentation of scheduled cleaning cycles.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred (hotel preferred, although other environmental services positions will be considered).
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Good communication, time management, follow-through and customer services skills are required.
- Must be able to work around a variety of chemicals and be able to respond to hazardous situations
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 30 lbs without assistance and a minimum of 100 lbs with assistance.
- Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, specifically weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.