The Houston Marriott Westchase is the largest full-service Marriott hotel in Houston. We offer over 600 renovated guest rooms and more than 40,000 square feet of event space, including the 10,000-square foot Grand Ballroom, two boardrooms and 18 additional meeting rooms. Come join our elite staff of committed hospitality industry professionals and help us deliver best-in-class guest experiences. We are conveniently located off of Beltway 8 and Westheimer. Our friendly and positive atmosphere makes us an ideal place for guests — as well as employees!
The Housekeeping Inspector provides overall support to the operations of the housekeeping department. Duties include:
- Provide leadership and direction for all housekeeping and laundry activities for the hotel to ensure the highest level of cleanliness for both the guest rooms and public areas.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, & heart of the house for cleanliness.
- Train and motivate team members.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program.
- Maintain supply and linen inventories.
- Update room statuses in the computer.
- Ensure housekeeping requests from guests or management are responded to in a timely, efficient, & friendly manner.
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak the English language
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred
- General knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their safety preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, twisting, bending, pushing and pulling
- Strong attention to detail required
- Must be able to work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects
- Must be flexible in hours and days worked
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities
- Must be about to work some evenings, weekends and holidays