Position Title: Sanitation/Housekeeping
7pm-4am - $10.50 an hour with opportunity for overtime!
Summary/Objective: Keep building and grounds in a clean and orderly condition, while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to VEI’s policies and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the cleanliness of the building to include but not limited to the company break rooms, restrooms, offices, office trash containers, office cubes, hallways, lab floors, conference rooms, production offices and production floors
- Clean all restrooms and breakrooms first daily and periodically throughout the day
- Clean production floor with floor broom, mop and Scrubber machine
- Wipe/Clean warehouse racks and yellow guard rails and inside and outside the building
- Police trash from parking lots and outside building perimeters and smoking areas
- Sweep and pressure wash trash compactor in mezzanine
- Clean and inspect curtains on door leading to dumpster and dock door seals and dock plates monthly or as needed
- Maintain a detailed Log of all cleaning activity throughout each day
- Monitor trash container pick-up and pressure wash under dumpsters weekly or as necessary
- Ensure all buckets, dispensers, garbage containers, and bottles are properly labelled
- Monitor and inventory cleaning agents, chemicals, supplies and cleaning equipment weekly
- Comply with all safety and SOP procedures
- Discard unused, spoiled or unwrapped food and open containers weekly on Saturdays
- Clean Battery charging area
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses industrial brushes, brooms, mop, mop bucket, floor scrubber, and pressure washer.
Essential Functions Cognitive (Reasoning)
Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional or no variables in or from these situations encountered on the job.
Essential Functions Mathematics
No Mathematics required.
Essential Functions Communication (Speech & Composition)
Expression of a level to respond to or make basic requests in English. Vocalization to alert others to emergencies. Capable of basic verbal exchange, though may not be able to communicate by telephone.