The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking an organized, confident and professional Housekeeping Manager to be the assistant to the Director of Housekeeping/Director of Rooms. This position will take on the challenge of helping to manage the hotels largest department in our 488-room hotel that boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
The main purpose of our Housekeeping Manager is to ensure that staff of the housekeeping department cleans and maintains guest rooms and public spaces in accordance with client/guest expectations and standards of product and service.
The essential functions of the job include:
- Oversees staff of Housekeeping Supervisors, House-Persons, and Room Attendants by conducting daily and monthly meetings, inspecting staff work and giving guidance so that deficiencies are corrected and standards are met.
- Interviews, hires and trains room attendants in the procedures and techniques. Training includes detailed instruction on use of chemicals for different surfaces and procedures to report repairs to engineering.
- Arranges staff work schedules, determining days off, insuring staffing levels are based on occupancy and/or any current or anticipated projects. Submits payroll records, correcting errors to ensure pay is on time.
- Maintains and reviews computerized records for budgeting and forecasting of department expenses as well as inspection scores for housekeepers.
- Maintains inventories of amenities, chemical and other supplies to ensure items are in stock and reorders in timely manner.
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, when appropriate, to ensure standards are met and assigns staff to additional training when needed.
- Reviews current standards and introduces hotel-wide changes such as those affecting amenity set-ups to ensure hotel is in compliance.
- Coordinates with laundry to ensure room linen is picked up and delivered to meet guest room needs.
- Consults with outside contractors regarding rehabbing or general maintenance of public and guest room areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read and write basic English in order to complete necessary reports and understand information from hotel, regional or corporate offices.
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with guests and staff as is necessary to effectively run the department.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members complete their individual tasks if situation demands.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook and TimeSaver ADP preferred.
- Confident speaker with the ability to lead meetings.
- Flexible schedule required to include weekends and holidays.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or any other combination of education and experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
Training and Experience:
Minimum two years supervisory experience in hotel industry. Previous hotel experience in rooms division preferably in hotels.
Must be able to communication in English and Spanish. Fluency preferred.
Previous Housekeeping experience needed. Flexible schedule is a must. Experience in mid size property preferred. Must have office, word, excel, power point skills.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of multiple medical insurance plans (PPO and HMO), dental plans, flexible spending accounts, matched 401k plan, life insurance, critical accident or illness, short term disability, paid time off, complimentary meals, hotel discounts, wellness programs.