Huntington Hotel Group is excited to announce it is accepting applications for Housekeeping Supervisor at the Sunnyvale Homewood Suites by Hilton. Scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2021, this brand new hotel is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, close to all the tech giants such as Apple, Facebook, and more. Our extended stay hotel boosts 127 suites, pool, fitness center, outdoor BBQs and patio. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience.
: Position Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper, General Manager
The purpose of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to ensure that housekeeping quality standards are adhered to and goals for the housekeeping department are achieved. The housekeeping supervisor is directly responsible for standards of cleanliness, associate morale, budgetary goals and inter-departmental relations.
GENERAL CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL POSITIONS
- A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who post a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties as specified by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied, or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- Weekly walk around - documented inspections of guestrooms, public areas and support facilities with DOS and housekeeping manager.
- Implement and maintain controls and procedures to ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness and maintenance are achieved.
- Identify and receive agreement on how to maintain various methods and/or processes to achieve constructive communications:
- Weekly RAP sessions with the Director of Services and Housekeeping Manager.
- Regularly scheduled Supervisors meetings.
- Productive and interesting monthly department meetings.
- Attractive and up-to-date posting area for memos, announcements, etc.
- Preparation, approval by DOH, and posting of weekly schedule by 12:00 noon on Thursdays.
- Efficient and effective inter-departmental meetings.
- General cleaning programs for the public areas and outlets of the hotel
- Knowledge of all housekeeping cleaning equipment and preventive maintenance program for each machine; training all associates on proper usage and handling of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Working with the DOS and housekeeping manager to be proficient in the administrative operation of applicable departments of responsibility and for other special projects as requested.
- Primary operation of the Housekeeping Department on a day-to-day basis.
- Thorough Supervisor/Housekeeper training and review process.
- Comprehensive WORK ORDER PROGRAM TO ENSURE THAT:
- Work orders are written.
- Work orders are catalogued and followed up.
- Follow up with Engineering for a thank-you, or for reason for lack of completion.
- Build and maintain an Associate Relations Program that will both meet the associate needs and the company's goals.
- Establish and maintain a daily "Morning Meeting" to greet and update the staff and to inspect uniform cleanliness and compliance.
- Develop and implement an incentive program to acknowledge a positive GSS and to recognize specific associates mentioned on comment forms.
- Implement and maintain a system to recognize individual associate’s birthdays.
- Identify and use an approved system for "on call" status, requested time off and other special requests.
- Employ a personnel administration system which is responsive, timely and fair.
- Ensure that all PAFs for review are completed, presented and returned to the general manager at least two weeks prior to the review date.
- Ensure that coaching and counseling forms are completed on a timely and consistent basis, especially when the policies of the hotel have been violated.
- Active involvement in the budgetary systems of the department and hotel.
- Consistent preparation of weekly budget progress reports.
- Participation in periodic inventories.
- Controllable checkbook accounting.
- Control/accounting of weekly overtime.
- Participation in annual budgeting process.
- Ensure that assigned areas are properly cleaned daily.
- Work closely with and gain a working knowledge of Front Office, Accounting and necessary aspects of Food & Beverage and Engineering Departments.
- Consistently inspect assigned areas and turn in inspection reports.
- Ensure that all reports are prepared completely and promptly.
- Ensure that an effective and complete training program is in use and that all associates are well trained and re-trained, as needed.
- Ensure that SOP are available, current and in effect.
- Ensure that proper key controls are in effect.
- Keep Purchasing Manual up to date and only purchase approved items. Purchase Order/Receiving Log should be accurately maintained.
- Control overtime through proper scheduling and immediate response to problems.
- Review operating statements and critique unusual overages and shortages. All efforts must be made to meet budgeted goals.
- Audit schedules, wage projections, recaps and payroll.
- Ensure that all associates are hygienically clean with clean, complete uniforms.
- Review out of order rooms daily.
- Provide up-to-date job descriptions for all associates.
- Immediate response to all Guest problems and correspondence.
- Ensure that Lost and Found articles are stored properly and that the correct logs are maintained.
- Maintain division goals in relation to accident prevention, safety and fire prevention and Associate awareness.
- Work closely with Engineering Department to insure that the rooms and equipment preventive maintenance procedures are in effect and consistently carried out.
- Relieve the Main Linen Room Attendant, as required.
- Must be able to work third shift from 23:00 - 07:00, whenever necessary, or as scheduled.
- Education and/or Experience: No educational requirement. Housekeeping and supervisory experience preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other departments, Guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations and people.
- Technical Skills: Facility maintenance and housekeeping skills. Knowledge of proper chemical handling and safety procedures. Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or schedule form.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Able to work with little or no supervision and to effectively supervise others. Operate equipment such as, but not limited to, commercial washer and dryer, magnetic card door-lock system, vacuum, and computer. Ability to perform the essential functions of Room Attendant, Inspector, House Attendant, and Laundry personnel. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
- Hearing – Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to operate office machinery. Must be able to move between departments.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb four flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write, type, and use the phone system.