Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to assist the Executive Housekeeper and/or Housekeeping Manager in the daily operations of the Housekeeping department and ensure both quality of product and productivity of labor in this area. The incumbent is responsible for relentlessly inspiring, coaching and training staff to exceed our guests’ expectations. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Housekeeping Department in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees and manages performance of housekeepers to ensure efficient and profitable operation.
- Coach and train all housekeepers to ensure superior product for guest satisfaction.
- Perform all duties of room attendant, house person, public area, and laundry attendant when and as needed by business demands
- Inspects guestrooms and gives appropriate feedback to housekeepers
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment
- Effectively execute the flow of work through assigning tasks of sorting, washing, folding, and ironing according to company guidelines.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment
- Prepare and analyze reports on labor cost and production of operation
- Participate in daily line-up and regular training/departmental meetings
- Maintain Supplies and report to Executive Housekeeping Manager items to be ordered for efficient operations on a daily basis
- Adhere to safety guidelines
- Assists with corrective action to continuously improve service results
- Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching and counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication, and recommending discipline when appropriate
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Strong level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks while maintaining the highest of quality standards
- Ability to read and recognize various tools and chemicals used throughout the cleaning process
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Housekeeping inspectors
- Room Attendants
- Public Area Attendant
- Night Utility
Standards & Culture
Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
- Prepared and punctual for all meetings
- Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
- Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
- Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
- Improve professional competency and property/location performance
- Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
- Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
- Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Property Housekeeping Leadership team
- Property Front Office Leadership team
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree – required
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.