The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections. Responsible for inspecting Guest Rooms and ensuring they are cleaned up to standards assist Room Attendants as needed provide necessary training. Responsible for assuming all Housekeeping Manager functions in his/her absence.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Inspect staff's work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to assure that standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office.
- Oversee the organized closing of the floors at the end of the day ensuring the Room Attendants' carts are clean and restocked with linen only.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed signed off on and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
- Maintain key control system.
- Supervise all staff in Laundry and Housekeeping holding them accountable and responsible for their work performance.
- Submit proper documentation regarding poor work performance misconduct excessive absenteeism lateness and improper attire.
- Handle items for 'Lost and Found' according to the standards.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and House Rules.
- Ensure that associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other associates.
- Ensure the overall appearance cleanliness and orderliness of staff.
- Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift period.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties ensuring each Room Attendant and House Attendant carries a work assignment.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants' carts linen closets control closets stairways and landings.
- Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager daily.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance for doors plumbing heating/air electrical equipment furniture carpets drapes etc. Follow through on each work order until completed.
- Oversee proper and constructive training of Room Attendants.
- Motivate coach and counsel staff as necessary.
- Collect all keys and assignment sheets daily at the end of the shift.
- Attend meetings as required by Management.
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s special guests and requests.
- Perform any other duties as requested by Management.
The new Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston West Katy is located just south of Interstate 10, about 2 miles from Katy, Texas. Visitors can stay at our all-suite hotel to enjoy convenient Energy Corridor access, free made-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception daily, plus a microwave and mini-fridge in their suite.
Our west Houston hotel’s second floor is dedicated to meetings and events, with 7,000 square feet of flexible space. We can host up to 350 wedding guests in the Texas Ballroom. Planner can take advantage of the business center for last-minute changes to the schedule of their mid-sized conference.
The 24-hour fitness center features the latest cardio equipment and, right behind the hotel, guests can exercise outside on the George Bush Hike and Bike Trail. Our indoor pool and whirlpool spa are relaxing.
Shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues are just a short ride away on our complimentary shuttle, which travels within five miles of the hotel. Situated about 30 miles from both of Houston’s main airports, this upscale, full service hotel is close to Energy Corridor and Katy companies, the Merrell Center and Baseball USA.
Explore new opportunities with Aimbridge Hospitality. As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents 1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.