Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Supervision Exercised: Room Attendants, House person,
Supervision Received: Housekeeping Manager, AGM, GM
Maintain cleanliness standards of the Hotel in all areas of the Hotel. Effectively manage Housekeeping staff to accomplish daily tasks of the Housekeeping operation. Act as liaison between the operating departments of the Hotel, Front office, Engineering and Housekeeping. Understand operating goals of the hotel. Fulfill the Hotel Service Culture in daily activities
• Oversee the responsibilities of the Housekeeping Department including Room Cleaning, Public Area Cleaning, and Laundry & Guest laundry services.
• Maintain high standards in all aspects of internal and external service
• Promote unity and teamwork throughout the department.
• Actively participate in all aspects of Housekeeping operations, including Room cleaning, Room inspections, deep cleaning, Laundry and Public areas.
• Communicate with guests in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
• Supervise Housekeeping teams to maximize the guest experience, exceed expectations and efficiently complete daily departmental objectives.
• Watch for safety hazards, take immediate corrective action and report them immediately to your Department Supervisor.
• Closely monitors day-to-day operations.
• Ensures all service standards are met and adhered to.
• Observe and coach associate behavior for compliance with standards and expectations.
• Regularly inspects public areas and guestrooms.
• Facilitates consistent quality of service to exceed guest expectations.
• Supervises performance, attendance, appearance and conduct of staff.
• Works with Engineering and Front Office to maximize guest satisfaction.
• Informs Housekeeping Management of room status for arrivals
• Assists with answering phones, guest requests and general inquiries.
• Creates and ensures daily completion of staff checklists and necessary reports.
• Keeps work area neat and cleaned at all times.
• Can master familiarity with the computer operating system as related to scope of position.
• Attends hotel meetings as necessary.
• Maintains a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• A minimum of two years’ experience in Housekeeping
• Minimum of 6 months plus experience in as an Inspector
• Minimum 1 year supervisor experience in a similar environment
• Prior guest relations training
• Knowledge of proper chemical handling
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co workers and management to their understanding.
• Ability to read, write, and understand simple instructions.
• Knowledge in the safe use of cleaning products. Ability to move, traverse, position self to reach corners on floors and high places; observe conditions, detect odors, position and navigate carts weighing up to 200# in tight spaces; operate equipment including spray bottles, vacuums, mops, brooms, floor buffers. Lift, carry and position loads of at least 25#. These abilities are required for an entire shift.