Accel at Willow Bend is actively searching for a Housekeeping Supervisor. This position is to manage the operation of the Housekeeping Department to include staffing; Ensure facility is cleaned according to facility policy; ensure Universal Precautions, infection control, fire safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed; ensure proper and safe storage of supplies; provide orientation and on-going training; hire, discipline, evaluate and terminate staff according to facility policy; maintain designated records; order supplies; manage budget.
- Supervise staff in day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department. Make job assignments and set priorities.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of new staff. Orient new staff. Communicate policies and procedures to staff; assist and coach as needed.
- Maintain records as required; manage budgets and supplies. Complete inventories.
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly at all times; ensure strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaning products and hazardous materials or objects.
- Ensure infection control, fire safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed; promptly address any hazardous condition or equipment..
- Ensure all supplies are stored, handled and dispensed according to directions, any government requirements and/or facility policy.
- Plan facility housekeeping services to ensure all resident rooms and common areas are cleaned according to facility policy.
- Ensure housekeeping supplies are purchased within budget and are available as needed.
- Conduct, attend and participate in orientation, training, in-service education programs and staff meetings.
- Understand, comply with, and promote all rules regarding Residents’ Rights.
- Functional literacy in English is required
- Physical ability to lift/carry /operate equipment and supplies is necessary
- Experience in institutional housekeeping or maintenance is helpful
- Experience in the use of floor-care equipment is helpful
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Previous Supervisory experience required