Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
Purpose / Objective
The Housepersons primary responsibility is to execute and maintain the overall cleanliness and organization of the heart of house areas in addition to providing support for the Room Attendant. The Houseperson is also responsible for the delivery of Guest requested items. They demonstrate G.U.E.S.T and L.E.A.D.E.R at all times to ensure a positive experience.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Ensures positive guest experience by utilizing the GUEST service standards and LEADER recovery steps.
- Arrive to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Arrive to work with a positive attitude.
- Participate in daily line-up and regular training/departmental meetings.
- Use proper radio/device etiquette on a daily basis.
- Clean heart of house areas to include stairwells, employee elevators, and storage facilities with the proper chemicals/tools according to hotel standards to ensure a positive Grand Performer experience.
- Follow daily railroad schedule of assigned tasks to ensure all areas are cleaned and maintained properly.
- Vacuum and dust as needed.
- Strip guestrooms to include the removal of trash, soiled linen and terry, and room service items.
- Empty trash containers in all guestroom corridors and room attendant carts throughout day and according to railroad schedules.
- Put away incoming deliveries and update the housekeeping inventory daily; report recommended ordering to Executive Housekeeping Manager for adequate supply of guest and cleaning supplies.
- Replenish/refresh all linen carts on floors for efficient flow of work for the Room Attendant.
- Promptly deliver guest requested items.
- Adhere to safety guidelines.
- Manage time efficiently to meet commitments.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- No direct reports
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- High School diploma/ GED - preferred
- Customer Service experience - required
- Previous housekeeping experience - preferred
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Push a houseperson linen cart filled with all supplies necessary to perform job; up to 100 pounds
- Push a vacuum cleaner
- Reaching high above head (dusting)
- Crouching/kneeling (retrieving linen/terry for guestrooms, restocking of carts and storage rooms)
- Climbing (some rooms are multi-story & require climbing of stairs)