Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Housing Administration Specialist to work Sunday through Thursday, 11:00pm to 7:30am primarily at our Madison, IL facility, but may be assigned to any of the other 4 housing sites in Granite City, Pontoon Beach, Collinsville or Fairview for planned or last minute coverage needs.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Complete required data entry and paperwork in accordance with program and agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to preadmission information, medication reconciliation, consent, releases, client rights, privacy, progress notes and any other funder requirements:
- Tenant opening to occur at the time of move-in at the latest,
- Progress notes and any other required data entry or paperwork submitted within forty-eight hours of the delivery of the service.
- Timely, accurate and thorough shift report completion,
- Other assigned clerical, paperwork or data entry duties, including completion of assigned overnight checklists and medication related compliance tasks.
- Complete, maintain in working order and submit accurate and timely documentation, as assigned, to meet housing funder requirements, including but not limited to tenant recertification attendance/census documentation.
- Conduct and complete initial tenant applicant interviews; oversee move-ins/move-outs and complete associated documentation; work in conjunction with facility, purchasing and clinical staff; ensure all required city and county registrations are submitted.
- Answer in-coming calls and messages, receive and distribute mail, and observe video surveillance equipment where applicable, to resolve all inquiries as indicated.
- Help manage property management and tenant issues reaching successful resolutions, including but not limited to completion of apartment inspections, tenant and/or landlord complaints, entering facility, MIS & TIER help ticket requests, monitoring non-payment of rent, and coordinate with other staff, the distribution of notices and/or establishing rent re-payment agreements as needed.
- Provide services identified in the IM-CANS that are consumer driven and meet the program requirements, including maintaining a minimum of assigned service level, for productivity:
- Services primarily to include case management and community support, to link consumers to benefits and community resources.
- Services to include those that help maintain a clean environment; including encouraging, modeling and at times completing cleanliness tasks, to ensure a safe, clean environment.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including trauma-informed care, hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness by assisting consumers with regaining control over their own lives through self-directed recovery; including utilizing recovery language in all applicable documentation.
- Complete assigned data entry, review consumer EMR and tenant files to ensure the entry of assigned sections of the record and complete UR and/or Outcome measure functions.
- Assume responsibility for the oversight of the safe self-administration of medication by reviewing Medication Administration Records (MARs) and following up on missing, contradicting or changed information, including by not limited to consumer photos, by being the linkage to safety, clinical, medical and pharmaceutical staff. Serve as back-up to ensure consumers safely and accurately self-administer their medications; MAR entry to occur in real-time, as consumers are taking their medications.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and with the community, especially with landlords, state of IL personnel, referring agencies and resources for tenants, to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Assume leadership roles as assigned on a regular basis.
- Attend meetings and consumer staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and backup to other team members as necessary, including:
- Attending and ensuring supporting documentation of 100% of monthly, required Rule 132 supervision if not a LPHA, and
- Attending all mandatory Chestnut trainings and CEU requirements if applicable, utilizing Relias systems for elective trainings.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Provide other duties as assigned, required or specifically negotiated with supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and ten (10) years’ social services, admissions, scheduling or screening potential intakes of services experience;
- Or a Bachelor’s degree in a helping profession or related administrative area with five (5) years’ experience as stated above;
- Or a Master’s degree in a helping profession or related administrative area.
- Position requires the ability to communicate effectively with employees, consumers/potential consumers, support systems and other community contacts.
- Must demonstrate the ability to respond and communicate effectively and calmly with conflict-related or emotional situations.
- Good keyboarding skills required including preferred data entry experience into a variety of databases including an electronic health record (EHR) or electronic billing system.
- General knowledge of standard office procedures and use of office equipment (i.e., filing (paper and electronic), basic word processing and the ability to operate copier, fax and scanning equipment) required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled