Join us in our mission to strengthening the hope and resilience of our community members by improving their health, mental health and well-being.
The Housing Coordinator is responsible for implementing workflows for the housing program that expands the permanent housing options available to domestic violence survivors. This role also provides client-defined, culturally responsive advocacy and case management to survivors of domestic violence, with the goal of helping survivors achieve safe and stable permanent housing.
We provide our employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays and your Birthday off!
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Comprehensive benefit plan with four Health Plan Options
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with match
- Professional development opportunities
- Eligibility for student loan repayment assistance
- AACI named Bay Area Top Workplaces 2019
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, behavioral sciences, psychology, communication or relevant field and/or equivalent working experience
- Two to three years of experience working with survivors and/or coordinating housing program. Demonstrated commitment to cultural humility, trauma-informed, and survivor-centered care. Commitment to social justice, and ending gender-based violence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work independently and as part of team. Highly motivated, self-directed, a team-player.
- Ability to adhere to program confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to deliver services in a manner that is culturally sensitive and bridges cultural differences.
- Successfully complete a background check as required by the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Completion of a 40 or 65 hour Domestic Violence training offered through a California provider preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle for agency travel and current automobile insurance and an MVR sufficient to obtain and reasonably maintain insurability under agency auto liability policies.
Apply now and join a great team of caring people.
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying
Have you ever worked at AACI before?
Are you legally eligible to be employed in the United States?
Previous Employment (if applying without a resume)
Professional licenses or certifications related to this role
Please read and acknowledge the following
AACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran's status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for AACI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either AACI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of AACI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
By clicking below I affirm the information given to AACI to be true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize AACI to contact references provided for employment reference checks. If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or completing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.