Housing Program Coordinator
Job Profile Summary
Under general supervision this position is responsible for providing support to housing development programs, such as the land bank and land transfer programs. Employee will provide assistance to internal and external customers by responding to inquiries regarding housing development, construction, land acquisition and real estate transactions. In addition, employee will provide support to the Land Bank/Land Transfer group with processing acquisition applications, legal documentation and real estate transactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Work
- Knowledge of current affordable housing legislation and laws at the state and federal level.
- Minimum of 5 years affordable housing experience with 2+ years tax credit experience.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team in a collaborative manner with internal and external vendors.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, including the ability to provide technical assistance on complex compliance issues in a simple, straightforward manner.
- Proven ability to guide business and developers through complex housing development programs and through City code and development processes.
- Effective oral, interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
- MS Office or similar software skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects.
- Ability to build strong and productive relationships quickly with a diverse group of people.
Certification, Registration, or Licensure:
Housing Credit Certified Professional preferred
Working Conditions and Hazards:
Work performed under normal office conditions.
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, economics, planning, or business field.
- One (1) year of experience in the housing sector which must include three (3) or more of the following:
- Financial or analytical experience in evaluating real estate or economic development proposals.
- Conducting real estate financial calculations including loan amortization and pro forma analysis.
- Administering affordable housing programs.
- Coordination of consultants and contractors for the preparation of studies and construction projects.
- Providing support to policy committee.
- High school diploma or GED plus five (5) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
- Associate in any field plus (3) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a non-specified field plus three (3) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
- A master's degree (or higher) in public administration, economics, planning, or business field will meet the education and experience requirements.