Fidelity House Human Services is a private nonprofit organization that provides community residences and supportive services for over 700 individuals who face a wide range of intellectual disabilities such as cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, combined cognitive and physical impairments, and autism spectrum disorders. Staff members provide a wide variety of supportive services including information and referral, case management, behavior management support, parent training and support, workshops, ongoing therapeutic programs and recreational activities. Residential services include 20 community residence programs, adult foster care, shared living and support for individuals who live independently in apartments. Each of our more than 360 employees makes a unique and important contribution to the fulfillment of our mission.
Create affordable housing models that provide wrap-around support services for Lawrence area adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This position is part time, benefit eligible. 25 Hours per week
- Identify potential partnerships and develop relationships with city, state and federal housing entities, real estate developers, realtors, architects, and affordable housing experts.
- Identify urgent housing needs and facilitate the rental of appropriate properties for individuals with disabilities who are at risk of homelessness.
- Develop new housing models for specific populations, test aspects of the models, and initiate project plans.
- Identify one-time and recurring funding sources needed to implement new projects.
- Lead the implementation of specific housing development and financing projects.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO….
- Assist with housing finance and compliance projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain metrics on housing suitability and turnover for adults with disabilities living independently.
- Provide regular reports on project activity to senior management.
- Prepare annual report to Cummings Foundation.
- Learn and utilize the Strategyzer business model generation approach to evaluate new housing models.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of project management or program development experience
- Knowledge of affordable housing programs
- Excellent inter-personal, information-gathering, and networking skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Attention Search Firms: We are not accepting calls from search firms to assist with recruitment efforts for this position. Principal candidates only, please.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
For consideration, please apply directly to the career portal. www.fidelityhhs.org