Perform duties to monitor and provide assistance and a safe, secure, welcoming environment to participants in interim housing; assist with household chores; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by providing a safe environment for individuals and families experiencing homelessness, guided by established standards and procedures.
- Orient guests to facility and personal areas. Review guest assignments and responsibilities of guests. Assist guests in use of facility amenities; including but not limited to the laundry, recreational, and all applicable common areas.
- Create a welcoming environment for guests.
- Implement and support the principles of a trauma informed care environment.
- Utilize de-escalation skills to manage guest conflict.
- Manage the phone line on weekend and evening shifts only.
- Provide transportation to guests to appointments including Social Security, medical, etc.; pick up medications, food, donations, etc.
- Review arrival/departure procedures with guest, including emergency exits and procedure.
- Escort guests as needed within the facility buildings and grounds.
- Monitor guests while they are in the waiting area or residence, and maintain vigilance for their safety and security.
- Assist entering guests with placing items in Hot Box.
- Assist with entry and maintenance of medication logs along with LPNs.
- Maintain logs and make accurate and specific documentation of events occurring during shift including incident reports and notice of infractions.
- Ability to support and advocate for inclusion for the LGBTQ and other vulnerable communities most at risk for homelessness
- Make sure that common area is welcoming; encourage participants in maintaining chores to ensure cleanliness of shelter space for group program events/classes.
- Participate in training to upgrade skills as courses become available. Complete all GGI required trainings within 6 months of hire
- Perform any range of departmental assignments or special projects as requested.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people experiencing homelessness to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Education and experience equivalent to completion of high school
- Excellent verbal communication skills and good written communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Driver’s license and good driving record required
- One year experience in a residential setting and/or two years of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and take direction
- Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Residential setting
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping, and bending
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs. minimum
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer, standard peripherals and office equipment, kitchen and laundry appliances, and safety equipment.
Shifts: Day, Night & Weekend
Rate of Pay: $11/hr - $14.46/hr