Clearance: Active Top Secret Required; TS/SCI Preferred
The Business Service Manager’s role is to strategically design and implement BSM software solutions, primarily from Micro Focus (formally Hewlett Packard Enterprise software) and other IT Management vendors. This individual must be ITIL® knowledgeable and capability of aligning day-to-day operations in alignment with ITIL®-based solutions. The role will include the definition, configuration, deployment, operation, and operation of the BSM software solution.
- Decision Making: Makes effective decisions; Acts decisively; Anticipates future needs; and include others' perspective.
- Strong Work Ethic: High integrity; Highly reliable, responsible and trustworthy
- Drive for Superior Results: Gets results; Acts quickly; Maintains accountability; Measures results; and Works through obstacles.
- Champions Change: Encourages new ideas; Thinks creatively; Builds buy in; Communicates change rationale; Develops Organizational Partnerships establishes partnerships.
- Strong Communication Skills: Communications across the organization; fosters collaboration; negotiates effectively; and Navigates politics. Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Shapes a Customer Driven Culture: Knows and listen to customers; Satisfies the customer; Ensures quality; and demands quick action
- Champions the Vision: Sets a clear path, supports the vision of the company leadership
Technical Skills & Application Knowledge:
- BSM Applications from MicroFocus (HPE) including, but not limited to:
- Network Node Manager Integrated (NNMi), Network Automation (NA), Currently NOM Bundle
- Operations Manager Integrated (OMi), Operations Bridge, Operations Bridge Reporter
- Operations Manager Smart Plug Ins (iSPIs), Sitescope
- uCMDB Universal Configuration Management Database (uCMDB)
- Integrating Discovery Tools into the uCMDB and other management applications
- Support Technologies & Databases
- Oracle; MS-SQL
- VMWare Workstation, VMWare ESX
- Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory;
- Web Servers: Apache HTTP; Tomcat Servlet Containers; Microsoft IIS;
- Operating Systems: RedHat Linux; CentOS; HPUX; Sun Solaris Unix; SCO Unix;
- Networking Protocols: TCP/IP; RIP; BGP; EIGRP; OSPF; SNMP; Multicast; HSRP; MPLS; STP Spanning Tree; Frame-Relay; ISDN; RS-232; Modem AT Command Sets; ACL lists; Policy Routing; DNS; FTP; TFTP; TELNET; SSH; MIBs; TACACS+; RADIUS; RSA SecureID; VPNs
- Network Components: Firewalls, Load Balancers, VPNs, VLANs
- Understanding of ITIL®v3 (ITILv3 Foundations Certification a plus)
- Integration with IT Service Desks such as, HPE Service Manager, ServiceNow, Cherwell, Remedy
- Responsible for detailed implementation and documentation of solutions during Service Design, Service Transition, and Service Operation phases for clients
- SSQL or Oracle user skills, ability to interpret system-level SQL statements used for discovery
- Understanding of database architectures and protocols, discovered database resources, ODBC and JDBC.
- J2EE: Understanding of java and J2EE application architectures, EJB, administration consoles, J2EE servers and domains.
- Ability to DESIGN-DEPLOY-ADMINSTER-OPERATION IT Operations Manager Solutions
- Define and implement Event Management strategies
- Provide Event correlation using topology and stream variables
- Integrate Third-party event stream management using BSM Connectors
- Architect and installation of BSM, BPM probes, data flow probes, BSM Connector, or earlier Integration Adaptor
- Implement customized views for client business services
- Implement integration between multiple HP BSM products, such as: uCMDB, NNMi, OMi, SiteScope, BPM, and Diagnostics
- 3+ years BSM 9.x administration, installation, and architecture
- 3+ years’ experience with federation, population, and push integration job types
- 3+ years importing data from multiple data repositories and troubleshooting
- 3+ years in creating TQL queries to support views, models, enrichment, and other initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline with at least 3-5 years in the IT Management field, using the HPE IT Operations Management (ITOM) applications
- Technical Certifications in the HPE SW Tools
- ITILv3 Foundations (a plus)
- Active Top Secret required; TS/SCI preferred