About New York City Cyber Command
Mission. NYC Cyber Command leads the City’s cyber defense efforts, working across more than 100 agencies and offices to prevent, detect, respond, and recover from cyber threats. NYC3 protects NYC infrastructure and critical systems from malicious attacks and safeguards the data, devices, and services of the City.
Culture. Foremost, we serve the people of the City of New York, so earning - and keeping - their trust is paramount. To deserve that trust, we relentlessly focus on facts, provide sound judgment, and maintain a healthy culture. We pride ourselves on having a respectful and inclusive workplace built on kindness, honest intellectual debate, and excellent work.
The Employee Wellness Coordinator will play a crucial part in retention of current and future NYC Cyber Command employees by providing a comprehensive overview of the benefits and opportunities available at NYC Cyber Command. The ideal candidate will have the ability to juggle multiple initiatives in a thorough and organized fashion. NYC Cyber Command requires someone who has the ability to develop, organize and improve staff retention and development for NYC3.
Some of the tasks are described below:
● Conduct NYC3 new employee orientation regarding compliance, City Time, policy and procedures, desktop access, and Cyber Command operations;
● Coordinate periodic one-on-one interactions with all NYC3 employees to discuss subjects such as:
- A detailed explanation of employees leave and benefits based on his/her civil service title;
- Emphasize the importance of task and standards for employees of his/her current role;
- Provide a customized list of civil service exams based on the civil service title and minimum qualifying requirements;
- Conduct survey request for training, certification, and licensing that pertains to IT and/or Cybersecurity related subjects;
- Perform informal surveys to how to improve NYC3 work culture;
- Provide pre-retirement counseling to agency employees
● Coordinate with internal and external teams to properly on-board and off-board all incoming and outgoing full time employees and consultants;
● Oversee of events and event management for example: Blood drives and other citywide campaigns;
● Maintain a tracking system of NYC3 employees;
● Participate in and prioritize the activities to minimize impact on business;
● Perform leaves and benefits audits;
● Assist in preparation of informational materials and maintain a comprehensive filing systems;
● Performs other personnel duties as assigned.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
● Experience in New York City government;
● Knowledge of Google Docs and the Microsoft Office suite as well as the ability to routinely go back and forth between both types of platforms;
● Effective communication, customer relations and interpersonal skills;
● Experience working with all levels of the organization, and ability to interface with Mid-level and Senior staff;
● Expert knowledge of time and leave benefits, health and union benefits, civil service examinations, civil service titles, NYC policy and procedures, transit benefits, and NYCERS pension to help answer questions and guide employees to appropriate resources;
● Familiarity with cybersecurity tasks to help hiring managers develop task requirements for positions and evaluating talent of applicants and existing employees based on the National Standards and Technology (NST) and National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) framework;
● Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
● Ability to maintain confidentiality;