At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Human Resources Business Consultant (HRBC) will support the HR Business Leader with strategic HR consulting in the areas of organizational effectiveness and design, employee engagement/employee experience, workforce planning/talent acquisition, change management, performance and talent management. This position develops and consults on performance management and organizational effectiveness solutions to include consulting, tools and processes that drive employee engagement and performance excellence. Leads organization change efforts impacting multiple levels of stakeholders throughout the organization. Key responsibilities include establishing and sustaining strategic consultative relationships as a trusted adviser and thought partner with departmental/functional teams, preparing HR data analytics, brokering HR CoE services, implementing HR solutions, and providing HR generalist support to meet the challenges and needs of the business areas they are designated to support. The HRBC will also be responsible for supporting the broader HR people organization initiatives to drive overall business performance and deliver successful execution of the People road map.
How you will make an impact:
- Supports the function in all areas of key business goals, job/function/organizational design, performance management, employee & labor relations, change management, talent development and assessment, workforce planning/talent acquisition, employee engagement and communications and strategic compensation/total rewards.
- Partners with clients to move team members to an accountable, performance driven culture and team committed to consistently delivering excellent results.
- Works across HR and with relevant stakeholders to accelerate Delta Dental’s ability to attract, develop and retain talent necessary to support transformation and growth.
- Leverages and manages data, measurements, and tactics to support key people programs and decisions.
- Develops, designs, and consults on organization effectiveness services and tools.
- Serves as an organization change consultant and content subject matter expert to leadership.
- Manages all organizational design needs within the function, in accordance to strategic divisional guidance.
- Contributes to People strategy and business strategy. Collaborates across the People organization and with clients to operationalize our People strategy.
- Applies change management approaches to enhance effective implementation of organization initiatives.
- Leads committees and work groups charged with implementing organization, department, or unit level employee engagement and culture strategies.
- Monitors and measures effectiveness of performance management processes.
- Recommends process improvements and/or enhancements.
- Provides professional/ technical guidance to team members.
- Influences others to buy into new concepts and methodologies.
- A track record of success working in the context of a large, complex, matrixed organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, organization development, human resources management, or related field or equivalent experience.
- An HR certification is desirable, or equivalent meaningful work experience in an operations and/or a sophisticated HR environment.
- 5-10 years as a Manager level human resources leader, Business Partner or HR Consultant to Manager, Director or VP level clients.
- Experience in multi-site environments with populations 400+ employees; able to work across multiple teams, and with people on a variety of organizational levels in often ambiguous circumstances.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with effective learning facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business operations, management practices and principles, and employee engagement trends and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrated competency in group facilitation and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement innovative approaches.
- Demonstrated experience with leading committees, influence and negotiation and conflict resolution.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision