This is a great opportunity for an HR professional! Our client is a dynamic, growing company looking to add to their leadership team and add value in leadership, diversity and inclusion, strategic initiatives, and leadership training.
This role is responsible for both overall management and strategic direction of the department. Evaluates, implements and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company. This includes talent acquisition, hiring, benefits management, compensation development, communications, corporate compliance, health and safety, employee relations and other strategic initiatives supporting company goals. Works closely with other management employees, providing advice on Human Resources issues advocating for employees in alignment with company practices. Serves as the primary subject matter expert and architect of the firm's diversity and cross-cultural relations plans and programs globally. The position oversees the identification, development, implementation, and evaluation of such initiatives.
The HR professional will have solid experience and background in the following essential duties:
- Leadership, management and accountability for department
- Ensure all work performed by the department focuses on delivering excellent customer service, regulatory compliance and timely, efficient processes.
- Ensure Company’s compliance with federal and state hiring and employment regulations and affirmative action reporting.
- Design, plan and implement personnel, benefits and compensation practices in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team. Recommend changes as warranted and ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Work with leadership team to resolve employee relations issues in accordance with Company needs and policy guidelines. Assist management staff with hiring and firing process and decisions.
- Works with senior management to assess company efforts on diversity and cross-cultural inclusion programs, establish best practices and identify programs to remove barriers that affect staff retention and advancement.
- Develops coaching strategies, implements dialogues that address specific concerns and issues, and oversees resolution of conflicts/disputes relating to diversity and/or cross- cultural initiatives and activities.
- Creates instruments linking diversity and cross-cultural awareness to the organization's performance management processes and the business plan.
- Design & support implementation of sustainable processes to drive inclusion & diversity in leadership teams and throughout the workforce
- Propose, polish, publish and administer all personnel policies including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee attraction, engagement and retention, and AA/EEO compliance.
- Manage the talent acquisition practices filling open positions with quality candidates in a timely manner. Ensure recruitment system is maintained in a legally compliant, orderly, and effective manner.
- Advise managers of schedules for employee performance evaluations; follows up on delinquent or inconsistent evaluations.
- Must demonstrate ability to successfully drive programs related to diversity & inclusion within a professional services environment.
- Administer employee benefit plans including contract implementation, renewals, employee enrollments, changes, terminations, and COBRA.
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary HR documents, records and reports including unemployment, insurance reports, Workers’ Compensation, OSHA log, cafeteria plan documents, EEO reports, salary surveys, and change notices.
- Adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and complies with local, state and federal employment laws.
A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a similar related field in Business with an HR specialty is required, along with a minimum of 7 years of HR leadership extensive experience, including managing others in a HR team. Certification in Human Resources Management (PHR, SPHR preferred)
A minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in developing solutions and implementing strategies with a focus in diversity and cross-cultural resource efforts in an organization with diverse constituencies is highly preferred.