This position will direct all areas of Human Resource administration including; recruiting, salary administration, associate services, associate benefits, management development/training and labor relations. Provides advice and counsel on all laws affecting the operations in regards to associates.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall leadership, management, direction and performance of the Employment, Compensation/Benefits, HRIS, Compliance, Employee Relations, Investigations, Organizational Development, and Training
- Develop HR strategies and administer HR policies and procedures
- Develop recruitment strategic plan for identifying both management level positions and all hourly positions
- Drive/reinforce the Company Culture
- Administer the salary administration policies and programs. Review and readjust salary ranges; conduct local wage surveys annually; monitor merit increases pools and increases
- Oversee and investigate all employee relations and labor-related matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws
- Lead management development and associate training. Recommend new programs based on need
- Oversee associate benefit program administration
- Stay abreast of all Federal and State laws and keeps management advised of changes which affect associate and operations
- Provide counsel and assistance to all management personnel in regards to associate problems dealing with supervision and administration
- Conduct annual associate engagement survey in conjunction with corporate personnel.
- Manage special projects pertinent to the evolution of the business
- A minimum of 5 years Human Resources generalist experience with Hotel exposure preferred; significant Labor/Employee relations experience in a unionized setting.
- Upscale hotel HR experience strongly preferred in an environment of 500 Associates.
- B.S./B.A. preferably in Human Resources or Hotel Administration or a corresponding Master Degree, Preferred
- SPHR or PHR, Preferred
- Candidates must demonstrate a proven track record of successfully managing and HR operation in a hotel / resort setting.
- Proven leadership skills which support an environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Must be service and detail oriented; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency; to include Microsoft Office and Windows
- Human Resources policy consistent implementation.
- Effective Labor Relations: building consensus with union representatives and employee delegates.
- Overseeing all union grievances and arbitrations. Notify corporate HR all instances.
- Thorough understanding and application of relevant labor and employment laws; collective bargaining agreements; management training of these principles
- Employee relations including; social activities, recognition programs, communications programs, counseling and constant interaction with Hotel staff to facilitate employee engagement.
- Personnel and Medical records administration in accordance with legal requirements and internal needs.
- Benefits program administration in accordance with corporate initiatives.
- Address performance concerns, counseling, disciplinary action, problem review system to maintain high-level performance and quality of work force; thorough investigation and documentation of grievances.
- Development and implementation of compensation system for both salaried and hourly positions to ensure competitiveness in ability to attract, retain, and reward appropriate staff. Collaborate with the corporate office to ensure consistency within the Region.
- Coordination of training and development initiatives including, management development, compliance, guest service and position specific.
- Coordination of employee safety programs to involve safety committee, communications and training. Also responsible for Workers' Compensation Administration.
- Development of and adherence to Human Resources budget in accordance with Hotel budget.
- Administration of annual performance reviews.
- Management development and planning for all levels to aid retention and performance.
- Administration of orientation program and process for all new employees including periodic follow-up.
- Compliance with appropriate federal and state legislation and interaction with government agencies including NLRB, EEOC, and other state agencies.
- Direction of Human Resources staff to meet these requirements.
- Play an active role as a business partner and strategic planner with Hotel Management and Corporate Management.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Preferred experience as an accomplished mediator and negotiator, persuasive, consensus builder, objective.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
- Must be able to work on weekends as required
- Must be able to work under intense and adversarial situations
- Must be able to work long hours as required