*This position would support both Mesquite Campuses: Mesquite Specialty Hospital and Mesquite Rehabilitation Institute.
The HR Director is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resources function. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
- Review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the company’s plans, procedures and practices in relation to the Human Resources function.
- Contributes to the evaluation and revisions of organizational goals, structures, activities, and resources.
- Maintain responsibility for company compliance with federal and state legislation.
- Implement HR and employee programs and policies as needed by the organization; communicate changes in policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation, and administration of company wage and salary program.
- Manage the risk management work functions and assisting in developing a health and safety programs for the staff.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred.
- Minimum six years’ experience in HR Management role preferred.
- OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
- Strong project management, time management, and leadership skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain quality and safety standards.
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others.
- Ability to develop HR programs and policies based on business new requirements
- Ability to develop technical papers, policy papers and to present technical information to senior management people
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff
- Ability to negotiate contribution agreement and contracts