Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment where you can exhibit your skills while gaining valuable experience? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? If so, we encourage you to consider this opportunity with NeoGenomics.
NeoGenomics is looking for a HR Generalist who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow. A large focus of the role will be on employee relations (ER) responsible for evaluating and resolving human relations, labor relations, and work-related problems; partnering with management to determine appropriate action, and developing and facilitating ER training. The Generalist explains and provides advice to workers about company policies and procedures, and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures, and need for compliance.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you whyyou'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
- Counsels employees regarding work, family, or personal problems to assist them with their work performance
- Explains company compensation and benefit programs, such as medical, insurance, retirement, and savings plans, and assist with enrolling workers in specified programs
- Develops, schedules, and conducts technical, management, and interpersonal skills training to improve employee performance
- Prepares newsletter and other reports to communicate information about employee concerns and comments and organizational actions take
- Attends meetings, as employee-management liaison, to facilitate communication between parties
- Support with employee on-boarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Administers the equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs
- Conducts exit interviews, summarizes findings, and discusses trends and concerns with senior management
- Participates in quality assurance activities
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company's standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Travel 20% to company sponsored events and community events representing NeoGenomics
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resource management or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred
- Five+ years of experience in a HR position
- 2+ years of employee relations experience
- Healthcare, Pharma and/or Clinical Laboratory industry experience strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable with human resources laws and federal/state compliance requirements
- Experience working within a multi-site environment
- Computer and Internet literacy; specifically with MS office applications and knowledge of
- Word, Excel is required. Experience with ADP’s Pay Expert is a plus
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic, self-directed, and well-organized individual with ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function independently within a broad scope of guidelines and established policies and goals
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentially
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within and meet required deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Past experience developing policies and procedures (preferred)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times