Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
Helix Electric is seeking a dynamic, detail orientated Sr. Human Resources Generalist (HRG) to join our growing company who is passionate about employees and dedicated to fostering solid employee relations in a diverse and fun culture. The HRG is the main point of contact for onboarding, training classes, benefits, problem resolution, and HR-related issues.
Develop a rapport with managers and the ability to articulate best hiring practices, disciplinary actions, and termination processes.
Onboarding new hires, keeps employee records up to date, processing employee’s status changes.
Assist with managing the recruiting cycle for multiple internal regional positions.
Reconcile/validate data entry to ensure data integrity, and supporting routine reporting.
Proposes and administers personnel policies and procedures.
Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal employment laws.
Works with members of the HR department with regards to talent acquisition, employee and labor relations, performance management.
Qualifications for Human Resources Generalist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field (business, communication, etc)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- Bilingual in Spanish is a strongly desired
- Employee relations experience
- Possess knowledge of state and federal employment law
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS
- Professional in Human Resources Certification preferred
- Experience investigating and helping to resolve Employee Relations issues and complaints. Focuses on creating a positive employee relations environment and culture.
- Experience planning, organizing and administering Human Resources programs.
- Ability to work autonomously in a complex environment.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience with public speaking/presenting in front of audiences.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veterans. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.