A cutting-edge mid-size firm is seeking an HR Manager to be responsible for the administrative functions of the HR department such as but not limited to benefits, compensation practices, workers compensation, unemployment, training/development, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compliance, onboarding, federal and state respective employment laws.
Supervisory Responsibility:The HR Manager will oversee all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the department. Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implement and annually update the compensation program; rewrite job descriptions as necessary; conduct annual salary surveys and develop merit pool (salary budget); analyze compensation; monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures; perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program; file EEO-1 annually; maintain other record, report and log to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; write and place advertisements; work with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conduct new-employee orientations; monitor career-path program and employee relations counseling; conduct exit interviews.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes
- Bachelor's degree and five years of human resource experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
- Or HRCi Senior Certified Professional (SCP) AAP/EEO Statement
- Salary up to $90K (DOE)