We are a full service materials handling company. What does that mean? We do everything within the four walls of a warehouse from selling, leasing and renting our forklifts to designing and building conveyor systems and racking. We have been operating for over 65 years! Think about it, everything that you wear, sit on, drive and eat has been touched by a forklift. It's simple. We have a great company culture and great holiday gatherings!
Key business partner to the various areas of Human Resources including benefit administration, leaves of absences, recruitment, support employee development, and training and education. Assists in the development and implementation of HR-related programs, policies and procedures under the general supervision of the Human Resources Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at any given time.
- Maintains candidate pipelines and tracks full-life cycle work flow process for positions recruiting for
- Perform reference and background checks on applicants
- Make continuous contact with colleges, minority organizations, military outplacement,and other outreach efforts to provide information on company and job opportunities to potential applicants
- Manages applicant interview process that supports the business strategy for the positions recruiting for
- Conducts applicant screening and manages interview process from identification through "hire" or "no-hire" determination
- Oversees and manages temp placements orders and ending temp assignments by coordinating with hiring managers on temp needs and various business functions (Reception, IT, etc) to establish proper on-boarding and off-boarding where appropriate and in a timely manner
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic HR objectives
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, federal and state employment legislation and ensures company compliance with applicable labor laws and compliance for multiple states
- Co-facilitates new hire orientation with Sr. HR Generalist
- Ensures and maintains accurate preparation of benefit elections, bill reconciliation for all health and ancillary benefit plans, and ensures that all enrollments are administered timely and accurately
- Knowledgeable of the details of all benefit offerings by both companies
- Ensures employees understand retirement plans and other benefit programs offered
- Assists in the annual benefit enrollment process and adheres to strict deadlines and is able to multitask and coordinate internal resources with external vendors
- Answers routine inquiries regarding benefit claims, materials needed, and coverage questions and investigates and resolves benefit claim/eligibility issues escalated by employees. Coordinates resolution of benefit claim/eligibility issues through review of applicable materials and discussion with vendors, and internal departments, including HR
- Assists with developing employee communications, new hire materials, annual enrollment guides, SPD's, and business newsletters/employee announcements
- Interact with other business functions (Payroll, Finance, etc) to resolve specific employee benefit and/or pay issues
- Facilitates Leaves of Absences in line with various Federal, State, and Company requirements
- Assists in writing material for new training programs; reviews, evaluates and modifies existing and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes.
- Assists with preparing and administering various training programs.
- Prepares and distributes training aides such as instructional materials, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids; sets up audiovisual equipment and makes presentations when necessary.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be attentive to detail and able to keep accurate records.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to assume responsibility and make decisions
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, Outlook and HRIS Software
- Solid understanding of state and federal labor laws including FMLA, CFRA, pregnancy disability, and unemployment
- Must be willing to work extended hours if specific needs develop.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits professionalism, honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all dealings with fellow employees, guests, vendors or others with whom the company conducts business.
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of all individuals in the work place
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and/or five (5) plus years' related experience in the Human Resources field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
SPHR or PHR certification desired
We provide a competitive benefit package to include;
- Medical,dental, vision, LTD
- Generous PTO package
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account,
- 8 paid holidays,
- 401k with company match,
- Monthly Employee Recognition Awards
- Great holiday gatherings & great company culture
Equal Opportunity Employer
Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled