Human Resource Manager
A Non-Profit organization is currently seeking a Human Resource Manager to join our team in Alexandria, Virginia
About the role:
The Human Resource Manager is a role that supports the Executive Director in managing the Human Resources function of the organization. This position is primarily responsible for managing the organization’s Human Resources function in partnership with our outsourced Human Resources partner firm in the implementation of human resources process, polices, programs and activities that support the human capital needs and objectives established by the organizational leadership.
What you’ll do, in partnership with our outsourced HR Business Partner:
· Develop and administer an effective recruitment program which includes advertising in reliable sources, screening, selecting, and interviewing applicants, conducting reference checks and salary administration. Recommend starting salaries to Executive Director for final approval. Prepare offer letters on behalf of Executive Director. Manage onboarding process for all new hires.
· Manage the salary administration program, conduct wage and salary surveys to ensure organization’s salaries remain competitive and equitable; work with Directors to update and revise position descriptions to maintain accuracy; make salary recommendations to Executive Director, maintain organizational charts and review position descriptions for accuracy. Communicate changes to Finance department
· Counsel staff and management on personnel related matters, including policy interpretation, job reclassification, benefits program management and conflict resolution.
· Maintain personnel records and ensure the organization is in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to employment issues.
· Maintain Employee Handbook. Monitor changes in local, state, and federal statutes and regulations and update policies and procedures as appropriate. Communicate important changes and/or revisions with organizational leadership and staff on a timely basis. Ensure all staff have signed Handbook Acknowledgement annually in personnel records.
· Maintain benefit programs – health, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and pretax transportation benefits- to review and develop competitive and cost effective programs for organization.
· Monitor the administration of organizations retirement plans and ensure that relevant information is communicated, as required, to all plan participants.
· Encourage staff to participate in retirement planning and ensure that outsourced HR Consulting firm processes all plan changes. Ensure that former staff with vested balance are communicated with and encourage rollovers to other external qualified plans to reduce plan costs and organizational fiduciary responsibilities.
· In partnership with organizational leadership, supervise general business insurance coverage including but not limited to directors’ and officers insurance, omissions, general liability, workers compensation, etc. Ensure that HR Consult firm seeks competitive bids periodically
· Support the administration and processing of bi weekly payroll functions
· Manage and administer the Annual Performance Management, salary administration and incentive compensation processes.
· Lead the development and implementation of training, professional development and organizational development strategies for directors, managers and employees.
· Consult with supervisors on the establishment of performance standards, provide guidance on performance evaluations and employee improvement plans and the identification of techniques to deliver employee feedback and coaching
· Coordinate annual retreats and staff event
· Indirectly manages Temporary Employees, Interns and Volunteers. Carries out indirect supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resource Management, related graduate degree and/or a degree in a related field. PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Minimum of 5 years of HR generalist experience with an emphasis on onboarding, employee relations, talent development and recruitment. Knowledge of onboarding, training, performance development, counseling, working place climate maximization and recruiting practices, techniques, and sources. Skilled management consultation, counseling, program development and interviewing techniques.
mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Experience in benefits administration, recruitment screening and selection, organizational development and hands on experience with payroll processing and human resources information systems required.
mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Knowledge of laws and regulations related to HR, including EEO and FLSA.
mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Strong planning, organizing, and project management skills.
mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Technical expertise with personal computers in a professional setting (including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Smartsheets, and ADP Workforce Now).
Required Skills and Demonstrated Abilities
- Produce results in a timely, proactive, well thought out and results focused manner.
mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Maintaining utmost confidentiality.
- Manages time and resources effectively to accomplish goals
- Handles changing priorities well and adjusts to change appropriately
- Writes, speaks and produces work that is clear, concise and leaves little room for misinterpretation
- Recognizes problems, develops relevant facts and recommends resolutions based upon research and cross functional consultations
- Understands and meets staff needs and expectations and seeks to enhance the image of the organization with all stakeholders.
- Recommends and encourages well thought out innovative yet practical approaches to increase effectiveness and efficiency of business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and consult with all levels of organizational leadership, staff and membership
What we offer:
· Market competitive compensation and benefits package including annual salary based upon relevant experience and education.
· Comprehensive benefits package including generous health, dental and vision insurance options, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and 401k contribution match
· An opportunity to be a true partner with organizational leadership. Your input and influence will be supported and recognized.
· Flexible and casual work environment.
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, HR Generalist, HRBP, HR Business Partner, Human Resource Business Partner. PHR, SHRM, SHRM-CP